Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2017
Perfect for the kids to explain such things a divorce. My son was read this when he was 3 - 5 and says he likes the story and feels happy for the kid in the end.
on 21 September 2017
Helpful for children of broken families
on 21 May 2017
Recommended by our school. Perfect for explaining parental separations.
on 13 December 2016
Nice Book
on 29 December 2014
Fab book - the only sensitive bit is when it says "my mom and dad are broken, their love for me is not" and the parent of the person I gifted it to took offence! Had it said "Their marriange may be broken, their love for me is not" it would have been more universal - otherwise a fabulous book I saw on bookaboo!
on 9 May 2017
This story is both heartbreaking and heartwarming! The little boy needs to find some Mum and Dad glue to fix his parents who are separating...but, as he learns, there isn't a glue that can put them back together. This book is beautifully written and illustrated, and is perfect for anyone who is experiencing or has experienced separation. I love it so much because the story emphasises how, unfortunately, these things do happen but it's not the child's fault and their parents still love them as much as they ever did - just because the parents fall out of love, their love for their child will never change. I also think this book is brilliant for grown ups, regardless of whether there are children involved in the break up, to show that it's okay that relationships don't always work out and that there doesn't always have to be someone to blame.

Another favourite of mine from the wonderful Kes Gray!
on 23 March 2017
I was completely dissatisfied with this book, I felt it was very poor at helping a child understand separation, the imagery is not a positive experience for a young child, it's too descriptive for the 3-5 age group it is targeted to, the metaphors were lazily done and I believe the author has rushed it. This book however may help parents feel better about themselves.
on 9 October 2015
Not good at all, sad and did not re-assure my daughter in any way. I bought this book to help ease the situation a little, but it was sad and depressing. Divorce does not HAVE to be sad and depressing.
on 18 July 2015
What an honest story that tackles the difficult subject of separation. Reading this as an adult brought a tear to my eye. A definite must have for parents and children who are experiencing this life changing event.
on 4 April 2013
very well put together and lovely colourful illustrations. Able to have lots of discussion about the pictures and very useful for sharing with younger children