Customer reviews

Totally Forgiving Ourselves
Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 July 2015
I have been blown away by this book. I still haven't quite finished it, as I have been reading it slowly in order to digest things. I intend to read the whole book again at some point.

I cant recommend this book highly enough - I believe it has changed my life for the better and has achieved in one small book, getting to the core of my 'issues'. To realise that it is a 'sin' to not forgive myself, when I know God has forgiven me, is an extremely important message for me. Obviously, this is not an instant 'cure', but this book has achieved more in tackling this important point, than years of therapy. I believe not forgiving oneself is at the core of a lot of people's problems. We talk about loving ourselves - but how can we love ourselves, if we don't forgive ourselves? I would say, impossible.

Although I have given this book five stars, there are a few things that R. T. Kendall has said, towards the end of the book, which I feel uncomfortable with, particularly when he talks about forgiving one's parents. He admits he did not have a deprived background and I feel his superficial comments about forgiveness, not based on personal experience, show a lack of understanding. Having said that, I couldn't help giving the book 5 stars, due to impact it has had on me. I have bought spare copies of this book to give to people.
on 23 September 2016
For any Christian finding it difficult to forgive themselves, perhaps after many years then this is surely the book for you
on 29 March 2013
R.T. Kendall's book is an excellent guide in helping us on the road to the challenge of totally forgiving ourselves. I bought both of his books as paperbacks, and was more than happy to add them to my Kindle library. I recommended it highly to you.
on 23 June 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 September 2017
Not logically thought through.
on 15 February 2014
It is a brilliant book that gives much to think about. The main idea is if God has forgiven you and he sent his son to die for our sins. You have no reason not to forgive yourself. Plus Roman 8:28 is discussed.
on 27 September 2016
brought as a gift, but I have great respect for RT Kendall, so hope it well received.
on 13 June 2014
Excellent book everybody should take it on board,christian or non Christian.RT KENDALL has as usual excelled in his writings may he continue to do so..
on 3 July 2016
I read this after Total Forgiveness which I recommend you read first.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse