on 6 June 2009
I grew up learning about a God that only is good to you if you are perfect and fearfull, that any bad thing that happens is because you are somehow guilty of something (!) and as so unworthy.
This book came to show me He is not like that, He is a loving father who wants the best for you and loves you despite your faults, for he knows you better than yourself.
Now, that is a bedside reading, to soothing your mind - where all the good and the bad things happens.
on 20 March 2003
When you buy this book you are tempted to scan the contents page and then jump to the section that's "relevant to you". However, this is a book that you need to read from start to finish without skimping. Essential reading for those who have real battles in wrong thinking, negativity, fear, doubt, envy, hatred, unforgiveness, you name it - Joyce Meyer shows you how to deal with these emotions in a practical and godly way.
on 5 September 2006
Anyone who has read the book Battlefield of the Mind will not be disappointed. This is one of the best devotionals around, it has built and challenged my spiritual life to a new level. The daily topics deal with real emotions that christains face everyday. I have recommended this book to a lot of my friends & they have all bought it from Amazon!
on 3 September 1999
She writes from what God has brought her through. This is more than just ideas which sound good but are hard to implement. They work. As God has given her victory, she has reached out to others in obedience to her Lord. This book helps in so many areas -- showing causes for our defeats, and solutions for victory. I'm buying another copy to loan out. It's only been a month, and things are a-changin'!
on 4 May 2010
This book is practical, easy to read and encouraging. It is written in short sections within short chapters, so easy to read a bit and then reflect and act on before comencing. An excellent book, very useful, thought and action provoking. It makes sense.
on 29 February 2008
This is one of the best book i have ever read. I have truggled for years to win the battles over my mind and lived with depression for a few years. I never thought i could ever gain control over my life because i did not know how to gain control over my mind.
This book has brought 'daylight' in my life and i cant even begin to describe what is has meant to me except that i am enternally grateful.
on 6 April 2009
I have read a couple of Joyce Meyer books now and I will continue to read the rest of her books, but I can honestly say that this book hits the nail on the head in every area of my life. I am not ashamed to admit I have problems with jealousy, anger and a bad attitude - but reading this book has truly helped me to realize that I CAN control what's in my mind and subsequently my heart. I am not saying I am totally healed and now never have a negative thought but I can quickly over come those negative feelings thanks to Joyce and the Word of God. I urge any one who feels they are having a personal battle with negativity to read this book and re- read it when you have finished. You will not be disappointed!
on 12 January 2005
Joyce puts into simple, humourous language the answers to the struggles experienced by many Christians as we attempt to 'renew our minds' with the Word of God. She speaks in a simple and straightforward manner, identifying with those of us who have problems and sharing with us her own experience. This book encourages and teaches us how to overcome the mindsets which have held many of us back for far too long. If you really want to live an abundant life and enjoy all that God has for you here on planet earth, do yourself a favour, and buy it!
VINE VOICEon 12 December 2009
As my wife says, I 'live life through books'. I have read quite a few books on similar subjects. Each one approaches the subject in different ways.

The thing I really liked about this book is that it is very real. Joyce writes in a way that allows you to be challenged without feeling condemned. I think it has contained one of the most important bits of information early on in the book - i.e. that a change in the mind will take time and we don't need to beat ourselves up if we fall back into the same pattern briefly. This has really helped me. It doesn't mean I am happy to keep falling into wrong patterns of thinking but it does mean that I don't sink down to the depths of despair when I do.

There is a LOT of important truth in this book. She uses scripture well and expands it and makes it practical.

I felt that the third part of the book entitled 'wilderness mentalities' wasn't so relevant to me at the moment, but I am sure that many will find them useful if those are the thought patterns they battle with: Eg. 'My future is determined by my past and present' or 'I can't help it - I'm just addicted to grumbling', 'My behaviour may be wrong, but it's not my fault.'

I would suggest that EVERY Christian read this book because we all suffer from a battle for the mind, not just those who might have 'addictions' or 'serious struggles'. This contains many truths we need to be aware of and much practical advise on how to win the battle for the mind.
VINE VOICEon 13 July 2010
If you like Joyce Meyer's teaching ministry, and many do, then you will probably like this book. You may not agree with all Joyce Meyer says on every point, but the book is very interesting read. The writer communicates in a clear manner and it is not difficult to follower her train of thought. Personally, I found much of the book helpful and thought provoking.