on 11 July 2017
All about Gloria,
on 26 June 2017
Great 😃
VINE VOICEon 22 September 2008
I was lucky to get this book before it's official release date after having a letter I wrote to Gloria included in this new book.

Off the back of Gloria Hunniford's first book "Next To You" I sent a letter to Gloria saying how amazing the book was, and how the same feelings she had felt losing her daughter, were very similar to the ones I had felt when I lost my dad 5 years ago when I was only 20. After I sent that letter I thought nothing more of it, until I received a letter back a month ago saying Gloria wanted to include part of that letter in this new book. I was very touched and very proud to have my letter included in the book out of over 12,000 letters Gloria received. My dad always dreamt he would be in a book, and from the inspiring words he gave me when he was battling prostate cancer, I have made it a reality. Look out for the letter from "Liam".

Anyway I read this book very quickly, and found it just as good as the first one. This time though it has many of the letters and stories from the people that took the time to write into Gloria and share their own feelings, and show Gloria that she was not going through something on her own. The book details how Gloria began to continue with her life after losing her daughter. The days when you don't want to continue life, but you have to. Grief is a disease and one that you don't fully get over, but learn to live with and this book shows that. You never stop thinking about the person that you lost, but you begin to live some sort of semi normal life.

Anyone who has lost someone dear to them will find this book a comfort, and show that even when you get the most silly feelings,many others will have felt EXACTLY the same. I hope my words in the book help many others going through grief. A book that will make you cry for certain, but will also help and give you the strength to try and rebuild your life.

Life can throw the worst of the worst at you, but this book shows that even then you can still laugh once again when you never thought you could.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2014
Just lost my father, so this is for my mother. Thank you very much.......6 more words required! Annoying and it puts me off!
on 4 October 2008
The obvious focus of the book is on dealing with/coping with the death of a child. My reason for reading it is that my wonderful husband suddenly - although perfectly healthy - dropped dead almost two years ago. Whilst much of the book is directed at bereaved parents I found a lot of it extremely helpful - yes, it provoked tears and yes, I did find the slight feeling that Gloria thinks the death of a child is the worst loss rather hard to take. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has suffered a bereavement that they are finding hard to come to terms with - it has definitely helped me at a difficult time.
on 9 July 2016
Bought for a friend
on 20 December 2008
I took this book on holiday with me in the last 2 weeks to read. I found it very emotional reading it. Having lost a baby son 28 yrs ago that lived just 4 days with a hyper plastic left heart. Reading the letters and stories and Gloria's words I now realise that it doesn't matter what age you loose your child, be it 1 day old to 50 yrs old the pain is the same. The feelings and thoughts in this book made me realise I am not alone. Your child is your baby no matter what age they die at. Gloria saw her daughter marry and have two lovely children, I can only wonder if my son would have married by now and had children, what sort of person would he be, what would he look like etc.
on 10 October 2008
My brother was tragically killed 10 weeks ago, when he was only home for 3 days from where he has been working in Austria. He was a passenger in a car when a some timber fell off a van coming in the opposite direction, came through the window and killed him instantly, leaving the driver unhurt.

My Mum had found huge comfort in reading this book by Gloria. It was recommended to her by my sisters health visitor and she has been reading it on and off since the accident. We have struggled to receive any help from bereavement councellers and Mum wanted to be able to know that others feel the way she is feeling. From reading this book, although Caron dies in totally different circumstances, Gloria went through some of the same feelings which Mum is going through now. I want to thank Gloria for publishing such a great book which has been helping Mum throgh the hardest thing she has ever had to deal with in her life.

Its a shame that we have come across this book in such terrible circumstances but praise Gloria for her writing this book after dealing with the grief of losing her own daughter. No one will ever know the pain this involves unless it has happened to them and to all those who think it another money making book, then they are wrong because this has immensly helped my Mum.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 January 2013
I read this book last night whilst I couldn't sleep. It was probably because of this very topic, its very close to home with me and my family. I just had to read it all the way through in one sitting or I knew I wouldn't be able to pick it up again.

Its one of those books that you HAVE to read but know you shouldn't, if you know what I mean.
on 19 July 2010
This book is excellent. I do not have children and therefore obviously will never go through what Gloria has/is but I found the book to be very open and honest in trying to deal with such a delicate and sometimes avoided subject. It makes you understand the reality and emotion of someone is going through grief regardless of whether it be that of a child/partner/parent/family member. It also make you realise that grieving people need to talk about their emotions and have people recognise and voice their loss rather than ignore it. I lost my Nan about 12 years back and I will never get over it - this book makes you realise that you never do but you learn to live with it. Highly recommend both of Gloria's books about Caron.