Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 November 2014
I purchased this book having read another Mij Kelly story, which is still one of my son's favourite book William And The Night-Train

The Complete Guide to Good Manners is a wonderful rhyming store of Suzy Sue and the frightful day she went atchoo! Her friends discover she has no manners and teach her 'the rules' to save her from a life of bad behaviour which are;

1 - Don't be disgusting
2 - Don't eat like a pig
3 - Do not fight
The golden rule - Always do what you'd like others to do to you

It is a fantastically illustrated story which teaches your little one to be kind to others and have good manners whilst having fun! Even daddy learnt he needs to set a better example! :)

I would highly recommend this book and it is a book your whole family can enjoy! I hope this review was helpful!
on 29 June 2012
I loved this book..! I got it for my two-year old, and the illustrations are just right to catch his attention.. He still doesn't take the whole story in, but he'll get there soon enough... Nicely written, and with lovely artwork... I'll definitely take a look to see what else the author has published.. Highly recommended..! :)
on 19 July 2015
My 4 yr old daughter and I love this book. It's a great story helps reinforce manners to little ones.
Tissues used for sneezing.
Sharing.
Don't eat like a pig.
Treat others how you would like to be treated.
The above are amongst other manners/etiquette that the struggles teaches. It's not a boring read either for the parent or child as my daughter finds something new to talk about with the pictures everytime!
on 27 February 2011
A lovely illustrated book with a hillarious rhyming text offering insight into good manners with Suzy Sue and a bunch of farm animals for all the children out there. It's a joy to read and will certainly put a big smile on your face. I would higly recommend it!
on 3 August 2015
I like this book. Its not an extensive list of rules but covers three sort of 'catch-alls' like "don't eat like a pig" and features animals. It builds up to the golden rule which is about kindness, so it's a great launchpad for discussing kindness and manners.
on 17 August 2010
I brought this book because i was interested to see what it was like. It's a great book and i hope to share it with children in the future. Would be ideal for nursery and home settings. I loved the story and my mum loved the pictures.
A story children and adults will enjoy and also has good moral to the story and can teach a child a lot.
on 24 March 2016
My son and I both love reading this at bedtime!

It's such a wonderful book about teaching manners and caring about others feelings.

Def not a book we will get bored of anytime soon!
on 2 November 2012
Another wonderrful story about Suzy Sue. A little "moralising" but children need to learn to think about others' feelings, so why not.

The rhyme is catchy and illustrations brilliant as usual.

My 2 year old doesn't reach for it as much as other books at the moment but I think in time she will.
on 16 November 2010
Bought this for my 2.5 old to start teaching manners/etiquette. He enjoys the illustrations & the ryhming verses & the book nicely complements the 'Have you seen my potty' book by same author. Would recommend.
on 30 June 2011
Fabulous book,well written with a serious message, my 3 year ols absolutely loves it and knows the words off by heart!