on 2 December 2013
Im one very happy customer. This has just arrived in the post this morning. Packaging and the book is in perfect condition and it arrived earlier than expected which are the main priorities as its a xmas gift for my 12 year daughter. First time using my Amazon account so am so pleased with the service straight away and the efficiency of this company who ive brought this delightful book from.
on 30 March 2012
This was the first book that I downloaded and read on my kindle and I loved it. I read the reviews and promptly downloaded a sample. It left me needing to read the book.
What an interesting idea for a plot. Creating a society where your choice to own a cat becomes a crime (unless you are very rich). Being a cat lover I easily routed for the main characters throughout the book. It made me think about the situation and how it came about and how it affected the people. I had to keep reading and find out what happened. As a result I read it all in one day. (the first time ever!) and was left thinking about it for weeks.
I think it is aimed at teenagers which I am definitely not. I would say it was suitable for all. It is easy to read, good descriptions, lots of action and well written. I dont want to give away the story but the ending did not dissappoint. I was sad to have finished it as I needed to find another good book to take its place. It gave me the taste for reading so downloaded another 12 books!
I would definitely reccommend this book as I really enjoyed it.
on 24 February 2013
At first the characters don't seem real. To weepy to unfeeling. But the characters improve. Although I am disappointed with the the end. The general idea is good but I don't know what it is the story lacks something.
on 3 February 2012
Whether your a big kid or little kid, and if you are a cat lover, it will still be ideal. I really enjoyed this ebook and found it hard to put down once reading it. I really wanted to know what would happen next.
on 7 January 2014
It did not take me long to read this book and maybe because its aimed at teenagers it was an uncomplicated read. I found it different and very enjoyable.
on 11 March 2016
as expected
on 6 December 2012
I am a definite cat lover but this was a difficult read but gripping - I couldnt put it down and had read it within a couple of days.
on 20 January 2013
It wasn't until I was halfway through this book that I realised that it was aimed more at the teenage market! It has an original plot and kept me gripped to the end!
on 29 November 2014
A fabulous book. The characters are completely convincing and it depicts a dystopian world which is just a little bit too close for comfort. I loved it and my son loved it too. Highly recommended.
on 22 July 2012
All in all a fairly good book. Believable story - can imagine most of it actually happening at some time in the future. My only issue was it felt a bit rushed at times - like the author was on a deadline!! Can see it making a good made-for-tv film though especially as it doesn't have a typical 'happy ending'.