Customer reviews

The Final Act (Follies 4)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 March 2017
Bought for my kindle and just as good read as the previous 3 books in this series.
on 11 May 2017
Great book
on 1 August 2017
The conclusion of a wonderful series of books that have made me smile, fall in love, cry and research some of the worst tragedies of WW2. Beautifully written and incredibly moving. I shall miss them all.
on 21 July 2017
Enjoyed the book
on 31 August 2017
An easy and enjoyable read
on 2 July 2009
The last in the series of four books this is not only brilliantly researched, and giving fascinating insights to aspects of the 2nd World War that I never knew about, but through four very engaging protagonists. It is a great story and keeps you gripped to the last page. It even gives scope for more story to tell. Brilliant.
on 5 July 2009
The Final Act was eagerly await from 2008, and I was not disappointed.
A wonderful story with strong links between friends and lovers. An
absolute must to read.
on 7 August 2009
This was much anticipated and didn't disappoint - the quality was not lost and I loved it. Hilary Green has to write something else... please
on 21 July 2010
I was very happy with this final book in the saga - it was, as always, gripping reading. After 3 books I know and love these characters so enjoyed spending more time with them and following them to the very well crafted and satisfying conclusion. I admire how the author wove all the various threads together to create a satisfying end to such a broad ranging drama. But I was also very sad to say goodbye to them and to shut the book and know I won't be able to find out "what happened next" to all the characters as they faced life after the war.

Hilary always combines well drawn, sympathetic characters, with careful research and compelling storylines. Since "discovering" this series of books I found myself doing what I used to do as a child, staying up far too late reading because I simply had to know what happens, particularly in some of the scenes involving partisans and SOE operatives. I can't recommend Hilary Green's work highly enough - more please!
on 29 April 2011
I was distraught when I found this was out of print, and started scouring the local shops, charity shops, libraries etc until I finally found a hardback edition on here! I simply could not put it down, it is a brilliant piece of writing, well researched. To the lady who couldn't find a copy of Theatre of War - I have it in paperback, bought in a shop recently, so keep trying!