Customer reviews

on 6 June 2013
I purchased this book for my father after the death of his mother (at the age of 99 years old) who was from Co Donegal.It has brought back so many memories for him and surprisingly myself too! This is a wonderful book, so much so that my father is now pestering me to purchasing the next books in this series, which I will be more than happy to do .......
on 26 March 2015
First copy I got from World of Books wasn't it good condition, no jacket either so I'm sending it back. But the SECOND copy from Cheshire Booklover was in tip top condition!!! Ohhhhhhhh the BOOK, yes it was marvelous and the second of the series I've bought. I love them, so many great characters and stories. History in our TIME!
on 8 October 2016
It was a gift for my father in law who is Irish. He really was pleased and has enjoyed reading it.
VINE VOICEon 15 October 2014
Quite wonderful- in either this original or new revised version- get it on your Christmas shopping list for any pals from the Emerald Isle and they will be thrilled. The pictures are quite fine.
on 29 September 2013
Just hope my hubby enjoys the read as he is Irish and of a mature age so would appreciate the humour and quality of the people had to say. Packaged well and was in excellent condition when arrived.
on 4 May 2012
great accounts of vanishing rural life accompanied by great photography. A good book although one that you will finish quite quickly as there are a lot of pictures. All in all though a good buy if you are into this sort of book.
on 5 May 2015
read the stories of the people before it is too late and they vanish from todays world. You can learn much
on 6 January 2013
I love this series but this 3rd volume is not as interesting as the previous ones. The charachters are always great, so are the photos, but the narration seems to follow the same pattern for everyone. History of the family and only a little bit about the person actually portrayed, his home etc.
Having said that I have them as treasures..
on 3 September 2014
Purchased as a grift for my dad after browsing through it at a hotel I stayed at. My dad was Born in 1930s rural Ireland. We all enjoyed reading it and I will be getting some of the other volumes for future birthdays and Christmases.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2013
i love this book, i bought it as a present,He loves it too,great service and delivery.Highly recommended,a very interesting read .