on 26 July 2014
This is the third book in the series (following 'Trust Me, I'm a Junior Doctor' and 'Where Does It Hurt?') and it certainly lives up to their standard. It has the same tone we have come to expect from Max Pemberton, interspersing laugh out loud comedy with more sombre insights. In contrast to the last book, this one is mostly set back in an NHS hospital rather than the community, making it feel more like the first book.
Initially I read the series as an aspiring medical student, and now I have re-read them as I am going into my final year. I am happy to say they have lost none of their charm and are equally relatable from both sides of the hospital bed! I have read each one in a single sitting and cannot recommend these highly enough!
on 2 December 2017
This is the third book in a row I have read by Max Pemberton. They are all such brilliant reads. I'd highly recommend to anyone & everyone. Absolutely superb!
on 31 August 2017
really enjoyed this book not as funny as the other 2 but very good
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 October 2017
good read amusing
on 22 August 2016
Really enjoyed this book. Would recommend this book to all hospital story lovers. Well written and he explained the procedures well.
on 3 February 2017
Interesting insight.
on 16 September 2015
As good as all his books are. Very funny, eye opening and sad. Wish he could be cloned to help the NHS.
on 28 December 2017
Brilliant, well written funny and shocking in equal measures
on 28 March 2016
Very entertaining and informative
on 10 August 2015
Verry good reading book and you can learn about people and whole NHS. Well done.