Customer reviews

Going La La
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 August 2017
I read another book from this author that I really liked and got this one hoping it'll be equally entertaining. I was disappointed. The story-line is good although very predictable, the characters are likeable but not so well described, and in certain parts (quite a few...) the book is just boring, so I skipped these bits and that made it a slightly better read. I would give one of her other books a try, and see if the first one I read was a one-off good one or this one was a one-off not-so-good one.
on 12 August 2017
Excellent funny book really enjoyed it
on 20 July 2017
Genuinely good read!
on 3 June 2012
I bought this book because I previously read and enjoyed What's New, Pussycat? by Alexandra Potter and wanted to read more from her.

This book has a lovely cover and the story captured my interest right from the start, Frankie was a likeable character who seemed to be going through a rough time after losing her job. After a disastrous birthday trip to the bowling alley she also ends up losing her boyfriend and her home.

I loved following her story as she headed to LA to start a new life full of glamour and fascinating LA living. During her time there a few coincidences seem to push her in a certain direction, one which she is quite reluctant to head towards. As I've said before, I love a story that contains a coincidence or two so this was a particularly enjoyable part of the book for me.

Rita and Dorian were brilliant characters - really fun and outgoing, they certainly liked to enjoy life and have a good time. Reilly was an interesting, sexy guy who couldn't figure Frankie out as she blew hot and cold with her indecision.

This book may have been a little bit predictable at times but this didn't affect my enjoyment of it in the slightest and I found that I just didn't want to put it down (another one day read to add to the list).

This is a real page-turner and, seeing as most of it is based in LA, a perfect summery read.
on 5 June 2001
I'veread a number of 'chick-lit' titles and this is far and away the worst. The story is so predictable it is hardly worth the effort of turning the pages to see that,yes you had guessed the plot. The characters are so two-dimensional you would expect to see them in panto not a book... Their are much better books of a similar nature out there.
on 14 July 2001
With a very predictable, mind-numbingly slow narrative, this book is not as colourful and exciting as the eye-catching cover suggests! The characters are dull and stereotypical and have been depicted so many times in books and TV shows in the past. Nothing new, Going La La is a huge disappointment with cliched lines that made me cringe in places. I'm sorry to be such a bore, but this book just did nothing for my imagination and I agree that there are many other books of this genre that are a much better and enjoyable read.
on 25 July 2001
Don't judge a book by it's cover. On in this case, do. I was enticed by the image the cover portrayed - a trashy, simple read for the summer holiday. What I found inside wasn't even worthy of this description. A predictable read...
on 3 June 2007
I bought this book having read and enjoyed "Be Careful What You Wish For" by the same author. But I was extremely disappointed with this dull, predictable story. I had the feeling that the author was struggling to reach her required word count, hence the over-use of both unneccessary swear words, and references to smoking!I have already bought "Do You Come Here Often" but my enthusiasm for reading it has waned considerably after this.
on 22 March 2012
After reading 'What's New Pussycat' I was really looking forward to reading this book. Oh how I was dissappointed. I was hoping that the further I got into the book the better it would get but it did not. The story was just so predictable from the beginning and you could guess all the time about what was going to happen next.
on 17 September 2012
Having enjoyed reading Me and Mr Darcy ... I found this book very mediocre. There is no real plot and the characters just don't come to life. I never give up on a book, so finished reading it, but felt I had wasted my time. Very predictable.