Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 July 2009
If you have ever holidayed in Britain and cursed the clouds, buy this book! You will find yourself suddenly fascinated and often charmed by each and every whisp in the wide blue, and enthusiastically taking photos, exclaiming 'Ooh look! Cumulo Nimbus headed our way!' instead of groaning 'O Oh, looks like thunder'!

Wittily written, excellently illustrated and brimming with the fun of 'collecting' different types of cloud, the Cloud Collectors Handbook should reside in every glove compartment, rucksack or handbag, next to a handy camera with which to record your finds.
on 17 December 2009
I have always had an interest in clouds and joining the Cloud Appreciation Society was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. When an email came with reviews and things for sale I saw the Cloud Collecters Handbook and ordered one right away. It came a little late because it mistakenly was sent to Iran but I did get it in great shape and I really like it and am so very glad to have it.
on 6 July 2009
This is a really sweet little book. I tend to be much more appreciative of clouds and spend a lot more timing looking at them. The book is good to take out and about. It has whetted my appetite and I am now interested in finding out more with a more substantial book. I first heard about this book after watching the writer on TV doing an hour long programme on clouds, his enthusiasm is boundless. There is also a cloud appreciation society that I thought would be fun to join.
on 12 July 2009
Marvellous book - I Spy for grown ups. Long may Gavin Pretor-Pinney and the Cloud Appreciation Society continue.
on 14 October 2011
All round well written and quite funny book that makes the nerdy abstract classification of different cloud types into something quite addictive that will have you looking up for weeks whenever you go outside!
on 6 May 2010
I found this a handy little reference book to keep in the car or take with me on long walks. The descriptions are clear and easy to follow. There's space for you to log when you spot a particular cloud and if you've got like-minded friends/family you can compare scores and make it competetive. Each cloud is given a different score value depending on rarity and difficulty to spot.

Some of the pictures are a bit on the small side, but the main pictures are a reasonable size. On the whole it's a good book and I'm glad I got it and often find myself dipping into it.
on 6 July 2009
if you ever wondered about clouds then this little book is a must,you can slip it in your pocket and,check of the clouds when you see them and get an explanation on the cloud formation.
on 17 July 2009
I bought this book having read a review in New Scientist. I was a little disappointed to find the format and especially the pictures somewhat smaller than expected, but the photos are still perfectly clear and this is after all a hand book, not a coffee table book.

It's a mine of information, clearly written, and I shall never look at clouds in quite the same way again. Excellent Value.
on 18 December 2009
This book gives you a science hobby you can do any time you are outdoors to take you mind off worrying and the petty thoughts of life. The drama and majesty of the clouds plays out, oblivious to the tiny ants crawling below, with their scheming, selfishness, and cruelty. Clouds are noble and they all have names and knowing their names makes them your friends.
on 12 July 2009
I found this to be one of the best books on clouds, on sale at the moment.
It was easy to understand,even for the novice,and it is reasonably priced