Customer reviews

on 13 August 2014
The Secret Seven have become part of my boys bed time routine. They love these kids on their adventures and out smarting the adults.

In this story Susie strikes again at the SS. Leaving them glum and wishing for an adventure to redeem themselves. Careful what you wish for. Peter and Jennet find themselves in a dangerous situation. Now the SS must put their detective, disguise, and shadowing skills, they practiced in other books, to use in the hope of solving the mystery. Another great book with the right amount of excitement without be scary for kids.
on 3 March 2017
This is book three in a series of fifteen mystery adventure books about the Secret Seven. So far I have read Three of the Secret Seven books.
on 1 June 2017
Brilliant, what fun we had reading this. Highly recommended.
on 22 September 2017
It was perfect
on 2 May 2008
Peter and Janet are in their dad's car and it gets stolen while they are inside. So, they go missing and so does the car and the crooks are going to get away - but not in the Secret Seven have got something to do with it. They investigate and keep watch on this strange location called `Sid's Place' which has something to do with the case and so does some sort of confidential code...

As the sixth book in the series, this story is quite impressive and compared to the rest it is very good. It neatly paves the way for a series of books which are alike but more complex storylines to come. I would rate this book: 7/10.
on 4 November 2006
For part of my son's school book week all pupils had to write a book review. This is what my son of six year wrote:

This is book three in a series of fifteen mystery adventure books about the Secret Seven. So far I have read four of the Secret Seven books.

The Secret Seven are Peter the leader, his sister Janet and their school friends Pam, Colin, George, Jack and Barbara. The Secret Seven are helped by Peter and Janet's dog Scamper.

The Secret Seven need a new headquarters so they build a tree house. The mystery starts when someone secretly sneaks in the tree house and ends in a chase of two thieves.

I enjoyed the book because it was exciting and made me want to read it again. Boys and girls from 5 to 8 years old would like this book.

I would recommend this book to children who can read to themselves because this makes it more exciting.
on 2 May 2008
This book is about one summer when the Secret Seven went to find a new place to hold meetings and they find a tree and also a poor scared boy with his cute kitten...

I think that this has a very exciting ending! I also liked the way the clues came together swiftly once the Seven started on the right track. One of the great things about the Secret Seven books is how fast the plots steam along once they get going, with hardly leaving the plot of the story at all.

As the third book in the series, this story is one of the best of Blyton and one of my favourites too. It cleverly paves the way for a series of similar but more complicated stories to come. I would rate this book: 7/10.
on 18 April 2013
My children were a little bored by this book right until the last three chapters when all the action happens!
on 15 December 2011
I am reading this with my 4 year old and he loves it. Secret 7 is the perfect combination of excitement and intrigue with the innocence of children from another era.
The extra couple of characters mean that you tend not to get quite as invested in the characters as with the famous five... but still very good indeed.
on 2 February 2013
I don't want to spoil the ending but it's an amazing piece of writing the way Enid Blyton put all the pieces together. The best part was at the end when Jeff heard
about his mother and if you are wondering who Jeff is well I won't spoil it that my much