Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 September 2006
The latest addition to the CHERUB series is the finest book so far, as well as being the most gripping tale it's also unquestionably Robert Muchamore's most motivating book so far in the already superb series. Three fully trained teenage spies, James, Lauren and Kyle have are sent on a mission to gather intelligence on members of an anti-animal testing extremist group.

The reason: Adults don't expect children to be spying on them.

The book contains all the action, excitement and tense situations of the CHERUB series so far, as well as tit bits of information on vegetarianism and animal cruelty. In addition to the thrill that any teenager loves to read Man Vs Beast will truly make you think about your views of animal testing and cruelty.

With many twists and turns, thrills and nerves Man Vs beast will have you up all night biting your nails between turning the pages.
on 14 August 2006
Robert Muchamore has made the cherub series a really special one. Every book is written with the same excitment and high tempo which makes you never want to put the book down. Also the way that he manages to put in modern day teenage romance is breathtaking! Knowing the way he writes, this next James Adams adventure should be the best one yet.
on 5 June 2015
I enjoyed reading this series. Each book was very well written. A really interesting concept. Lots of action in each book and we also get to know all of the main characters really well.. .

If you haven't read the Henderson's Boys books - which tells us how CHERUB came into being - then I suggest you really do. Again an excellent series of books, as long as you can forgive some basic mistakes which with proper research would have made a good series into a great series.
on 17 October 2015
This was bought for my Grandson over here from Australia at the time. He had read the first book in the series, and wanted the next one- Man vs Beast, and seemed to enjoy it very much. Nice to think that twelve-year-olds are actually reading books !
on 16 April 2013
Young adult books sure have changed since I was a young adult, but I must say so has the world and the access to all kinds of information kids have these days (internet, TV etc), so I must say I think these books are great. every book is a current affair topic realistic to the world today. And though grimm at times in the middle there is still a happy ending, which is important for a younger audience - good to know the reality of the world, no need to give them a "no hope at all left" message either :)

Some people commented about the use of strong language ... frankfully I dont like swearing either or calling names for that fact, but let's face it , we all did as teenagers, teenagers today are no difference.

There seems to be a tendency today from people to raise their kids in little pink bubbles away from the reality of the world today. I am glad there are writers out there that still encourage kids / teenagers to start thinking about the world they live in.
on 19 May 2014
Good start to the story but I lost track in the middle. Kyle gets a boyfriend and surprisingly James didn't really make out with anyone on his mission. A good story though I am slightly disappointed in the middle.
on 8 September 2011
My 11yr old is reading this series and thinks its great. When he got to this book I did worry after reading the 1* review, so decided to read it myself first.
The language is not, in my opinion "vulgar", certainly no worse than playground language. A couple of the swear words I didn't like, I actually blocked out and put in my own funny word.
There were however two paragraphs where the slaughter of chickens and experiments on rabbits were a bit graphic and didn't really want him to have those images playing in his head, so I blocked them out too!!
I can understand that they were included as part of the plot but he really didn't need all the gory details ( mainly because his diet is mostly chicken and he has a pet rabbit!!!)
After reading the reviews for the next book in the series I think I will have to do the same!
on 20 May 2006
After Readin the other 5 CHERUB books and the First 2 preview Chapters for Man Vs Beast I am allready looking forward to the realese. This book prommises to be the best in the CHERUB series so far and be one of a kind in the challenge for animal rights. Robert Muchamore is taking his writing skills to levels high than even Anthony Horowitz could in his Alex Rider series.

This looks to be a great read for everyone into kids spy and the CHERUB series.
on 21 November 2013
I have a confession to make. I personally, yet, have not read any of the authors books purchased. I bought them for my grandson as a part of his birthday present, having discovered that he had already read the two earlier books in the Cherub series. I am aware that the author has produced a prolific number of titles in this series, and no doubt I am going to have to select more in time for Christmas, such are the appeal of this genre to intelligent young men who enjoy literature, and drama. Full marks for captivating the reader and giving enjoyment to someone who also is definitely not a couch potato, and also enjoys his sporting activities.
on 31 August 2014
Can't rate these Cherub books high enough. Have kept my kids totally captivated throughout the series so far...and me. Touches on varied storylines that parents may be wary about talking to their children about, eg alcohol, drugs.
Quick delivery too.