• Cujo
  • Customer reviews

on 8 December 2014
fantastic book, I read it years ago but am really enjoying it again, A must read, Stephen King at his finest
on 31 March 2014
I think all stephen king books are brill loved this book defo worth the read. Cant wait to read another
on 16 July 2013
I hadn't read for a long time and I felt I should get back into it, so I looked through a bunch of books I had and I came across Cujo. I'd heard of the film and thought I'd give it a try. I wasn't dissapointed.
Admittedly Cujo has a very slow start and there are a few crude sexual parts that don't seem necessary, but overall this is a hugely entertaining read and at one point actually had me sat there with my mouth open in sheer suspense, something I rarely even get with films.
The book revolves around two families who's problems don't seem nearly as bad when beloved dog Cujo starts to seem a bit edgier than usual.
Brilliant, engaging writing from Stephen King. I'd recommend to anyone, whether a regular reader or not. However if you detest sad endings, you might want to give it a miss.

p.s. saw the film after and it didn't do the book ANY justice.
on 16 August 2015
There are pages and pages of words in this item.
If you read them in the right order, it could well be enjoyable.
Though you may find some joy in reading them out of order too.
I wonder how long it took to get a satisfactory shot of a dog with it's mouth open like that for the cover.
Do you think they upset the dog to get it to look angry like that? Or maybe they found a dog which was already angry, and annoyed it even more. Seems a bit cruel either way.
It's possible the dog was just acting, on jumping open-mouthed for a treat. But that surely would make it even more difficult for the photographer...
Wait, it's a picture of a bear skin rug isn't it?
on 10 July 2015
It cannot be anything less than a masterpiece when Stephen king is involved!
on 17 December 2015
quite good book.. but King's best.. but readable if nothing else to do.
on 14 December 2012
I have never seen the film so I will be just talking about the book in this review.

Cujo, is a tale about a mad rabid dog. That surprisingly exceeded all my previous expectations.
Frank Dodd (serial killer from dead zone) takes on anew persona as a sort of boogeyman in this tale of complete horror!

Enough to have you sat on the edge of your sofa, chewing your finger nails and crying into your nice hot cup of tea. A tale of excellence, emotion and pure, raw terror!

Highly recommended!
on 14 September 2012
I think by reflecting how that the name "Cujo" has implanted itself as the name for a 'bad' dog tells you a lot about the book and the quality of writing.
You would think it would be hard for someone to tell a story about a rabid dog for over 400 pages but King skillfully blends Cujo's story in with several sub plots and has them all join at the end. Oh, and if you only know "Cujo" by the film be prepared for a surprise at the end.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
on 28 November 1998
An interesting story about a dog with Rabies and the events surrounding it. I enjoyed it, but hardly thought of it as a horror story. I was impressed with the way King never left any lose ends, even right at the end of the book, he didn't forget to tell you what happened to the Rabbit! If you are a King fan you'll read it, but it won't be on the same lines as Firestarter, Christine or Salems lot for example. Good anyway
on 9 April 2010
Cujo is a tension filled story about a crazy St Bernard. It doesn't sound like a great premise for a story but Stephen King makes it a really intense read. It does waffle on a bit in places with lots of irrelevent stuff going on. It might have worked better as a short story, but the fact is, once it gets going it's really really good. I never thought I'd be afraid of a St Bernard!