Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 June 2017
Page turner
on 19 March 2015
This book was pure class, with lots of detail and a very interesting plot. Five stars all the way! I think this is one of the best series ever made. Well done!
on 27 January 2013
In the fourth Cherub novel, Robert Muchamore's writing returns to the power of the first two books, as teenage secret agent James Adams is sent in to help find the source of a minor criminal's sudden windfall.

Muchamore's writing is perfect for modern children, focusing on realism and believability, and creating characters that his readers can relate to and sympathise with.

Packed with excitement, every reader will want to be a part of Cherub and live the thrilling lives of James and Lauren Adams.
on 22 September 2005
The 4th book in the series is every bit as good as the others, if not better. With cars, girls, money and trouble around every corner as the basis of every great spy story this book has got those bases covered. And alongside this are the odd details that give the CHERUB series that special touch to seperate them from other child spy stories - the down to earth points that make the story all the easier to relate to.
Even if you don't do anything else this afternoon then you should get this book!
(Recommend it to your local library, that way more people can read it and you can save the world 1 tree at a time)
on 2 August 2011
There isn't many good teenage boy series out there that actually tell a story, instead of just mindless shootings and killings, but Cherub does, the plot is fast paced, the characters loveable and although the story little unrealistic the books in this series are utterly addictive! And as although this is primarily a boys series, I am a girl and have loved every single book though and though. In The Killing the mission seems routine, but it turns into anything but. If you liked the previous books then you will love this one.

Just in case of any confusion here is the order of the Cherub Series

1. The Recruit
10. The General
11. Brigands Mc
12. Shadow Wave
on 27 September 2013
I shall not be recommending this product to anyone as I never received the books, on delivery of my book it got sent back although i got refunded for my purchase. I am deary disappointed that my books never arrived.
on 31 October 2013
The book was an ongoing thriller. With a great start to the story including the training exercise it really brought a feeling to what cherub is about leaving a small cliff hanger to what will happen to Mr. Large in the oncoming books. The start also brought the feeling I have when reading the CHERUB series as it brought that taste of teenage hood and the everyday life of seeing your friends and what they will go through on a day to day basis. The one and only downside to the book. Was the small part in the middle of the book where there was limited action. However with a clever storyline, all the leads must come to one conclusion which was seen at a very exhilarating and jam packed ending. Where with only 5 pages left to go questions were still not answered. Although the minor downfall it was a great addition to the series and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I wouldn't rate it higher then the other books of the series so far such as Class A and Maximum Security. However at the end of this fantastic book I will be looking forward to reading the oncoming books in the series.
on 22 July 2013
This is a very good, gripping and mysterious book. While I was reading it I never wanted to stop! Whenever I was about to turn off my light, I decided to read a few more pages, but a few turned into about 50 every night! At the beginning it most definitely caught my attention and I knew straight away it was going to be a really good book.
I have rated this book 5 stars because after I read the whole series I wanted to read one book again and the 1st one that came to mind was The Killing. I really liked the storyline and the adventurous and nerve racking parts were amazing. What I also loved about the book was the way it turned out at the end, the conclusion. As the story progressed, the mystery started to unfold and the people who were involved were people who appeared to be good people but in fact they were very bad people. It is so cleaver the way Robert Muchamore developed his characters, not only how they looked but all about them so I really felt I got to know them!
on 1 August 2013
I think that this book is very good l. It's not as good as the other cherub books I have read but it is still very good and interesting. I really like all the twisted and turns of the books plot and the individual personality of each different character. This shows that the author not only thought of the characters looks, but also every little detail and characteristics of them. I'm not overly keen on all the sitting around in this book, because in all the other books there is much more action. There is still a lot of action and fights but more towards the beginning and on the cherub campus its self not on the mission. I gave this book 4 stars because it is really good and only one small thing that I can put a bad name to. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action, a bit of romance, and exciting, thrilling story's.
on 16 August 2014
the killing is the fourth in the series and it still holds the quality of the first three. it starts in a small mission after some pull s out. it last for a day but it turns up side down and him and bruce have run away just after they get th info. when james gets back to campus he has to go straight on a training exercise for the night which james conks out in and comes second last. then when kerry and her team get back from there punishment ,because they lost, james and kerry get in an argument and break up so james beats up a new kid. and gets in loads of trouble and the only way out of his punishment is if he getssent on a mission which he does with dave moss that ends with them dealing with a murder and a casino robbery.