Customer reviews

Moral Philosophy: A guide to ethical theory (Philosophy in Focus)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2017
I bought this Because i could not get my head around ethics - moral philosophy, not the easiest subject to understand.
This book is written in (English) down to earth, making it very easy to understand.
It has helped me enormously
on 23 November 2016
Good amount of information and well written, though I would have liked a more engaging layout.
on 2 July 2014
Fit for purpose
on 3 December 2012
I found this book extremely useful when I was launched into teaching Kantian ethics in my PGCE year. It was clear enough to help me understand what I was supposed to be teaching and it gave me some very helpful examples which I could pass on to the students. Highly recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 September 2007
This is an excellent introductory text to ethics. It goes beyond the introduction you would find in a book covering many philosophical fields of knowledge and gives you a wide overview of ethical systems, metaethics and applied ethics without entering into details that would only interest the specialist.
The chapters are filled with examples, step-by-step explanations, in very clear language, and activities to make you reflect about what you read and how it applies to your own life. The final chapters allow the reader see how the theory exposed before applies to the debate of abortion, euthanasia and animal rights and gives you some tips on how to reflect on any kind a ethical problem.
This book is perfect for anybody who wants to be introduced into the main ethical theories, not only for A-level students. Reading this book helps you make sense of ethical debates and allows you to jump into more specialised reading.
18 people found this helpful