on 24 January 2015
Beside the Bible this is my favourite book. It is a Christian Classic and should be read by all those who seek to know the God they worship. Beautifully written, Packers love of God shines out of every page. How can we love and serve God unless we come to know Him? This book, together with John Pipers "The Pleasures of God" and A W Pink's "The Attributes of God" are the only 3 books you need to give you a rich knowledge of you Lord. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I have read it many several times over the years and will be reading it many more.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2014
There is nothing more important than knowing God but knowing him is not a simple thing and most of us need some help to get there. Packer delivers. This is a detailed account of who God is, what he expects from his children and how to get there. The relationship that is possible with our all-powerful, creator God is astounding. This is a small book but it delivers huge benefits.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 June 2012
I read this book about 12 years ago and have purchased another copy to read again. It is well written in Packers knowledgable style designed to instil both truth and desire to follow and serve God in a way consistent with the great being he is. Thoroughly recommended, especially in this era when joy in the Lord without a much deeper relationship built upon biblical truth is sometimes evident. Knowing and understanding God by spending time reading and mediatating on bible passages read followed by seeing it personalised to become characterised in our life through prayer, Packer thus encourages a more satisfying experience to knowing God personally.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 October 2016
Came a lot earlier than expected so thank you to the seller for that and I have started reading this book and it is a fantastic book for any born-again Christian. I would strongly suggest you purchase a copy anywhere you can get one. Thank you.
on 15 March 2015
This is a book for mature Christians. I bought this book about 40 years ago and its been on my shelves that long but reading it now after 40 years experience in the Church I can now at last appreciate the value of this book. Not a book for the feint-hearted. Nothing wishy-washy about this book - its strong stuff or as is someyimez
One person found this helpful
on 28 May 2018
prompt delivery, excellent book, everything perfect
on 15 October 2017
J I Packer's book is a masterpiece which I sincerely recommend.
on 10 December 2017
One of my favourite Christian books of all time. I love the middle section on the different attributes of God. So good.
on 29 March 2018
Hard read but informative
on 26 April 2011
Knowing God is a book that every Christian ought to read. It covers almost all areas of Theology, as one dives into loving and delighting in God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. It is a book that we lead you to worshiping and adoration of Our God and Lord. It is a book that we make you fell on your knees before God in prayers and devotions. It is a book that will lead a person to know God,as one who is first know by God. It is a book worth selling you bed to get a copy.

In Christ Jesus,