Customer reviews

Run Baby Run
Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 April 2015
Changes can be made if we make the right choices.Do it now before it's too late.Run Baby Run.GOD Bless You
on 12 December 2004
Cruz, in his own words, doesn't pull punches. He didn't when he was the president of the most feared street gang in Brooklyn back in the 60s, and he doesn't now that he's given his life to Christ and works as an evangelist amongst broken people.
He doesn't want you to read this book to be entertained; it's not even really meant as an "encouraging" book. It's a book that glorifies God through its honest account of how he and his fellow ministers let God work powerfully through him. The idea is to read it and change your life by the conviction of God's Spirit within you.
on 7 September 2017
I read this book over 20. Years ago and loved it then and is just as readable now,fantastic journey to Christ,don't miss out on it
on 19 August 2017
ordered for hubby as he had read this at school....read within two days of arriving and he said it was brilliant
on 12 October 2005
I found this book to be truly inspirational!

I don't find it particuarly easy to read a book from cover to cover but with "Run baby run" I just couldn't put it down. I would find myself at all different times in the day just glued to it!

Nicky Cruz's conversion is truly an amazing one. It truly is very encouraging and demonstrates the need of having a true conversion i.e. having the power to live a christian life etc.

I would give this 10/10, it definately exceeded expectations.

Check out "The Cross and the Switchblade" for the perspective of David Wilkerson - the minister who was instrumental in Nicky Cruz's turnaround. This is incredible too!
The first half of Nicky Cruz's harrowing personal account of growing up as a feared New York gang leader will not seem a typical testimony of finding God, nor should it. It is violent, graphic, as gritty and real as they come and at times even hard to read in it's intensity. It will entertain even fans of gangster films: images from certain passages of this book have stayed with me since my childhood when I first read them. But all the more powerful comes the message of the latter of the book as Cruz reforms his life through a chance encounter with a preacher. This may seem a 'typical' ending for a religious book, but his journey to that point is a revelation in Christian literature, and should not be overlooked by any means. An incredible account, and a great book.
on 26 September 2007
I have read this book, many times, along with Cross and the Switchblade, and more recently Soul Obsession.
In the last few years we have used many of these books in prison work. It is a very readable book that can connect with many.
An excellent book telling the story of a real man with a life turned around by a dramatic encounter with God.
on 3 February 2002
This is one of my all-time top reads.
For anyone, the story is amazing. For anyone, who now feels depressed or that they are on the wrong road - this book shows that there is hope.
That it is true, and that Nicky's conversion remains true today make this book really amazing.
He was a thug and he is now a priest. Read the story and you will find inspiration beyond belief.
Buy it now - you will not regret it...
on 6 January 2002
This book has been a source of inspiration to me time and time again. When I think I'm having a tough time, I read this book and it puts everything in perspective. It has taught me that God is incredible, He can do anything, and through Him, WE can do anything. He has the ability to change everyone and he can change you today. If you don't believe me, read about Nicky Cruz. If God can change him, God can change all of us.
on 27 May 2008
I read this book when I was a young teenager/young Christian along with The Cross & The Switchblade and Corrie Ten Boom's account of surviving the holocaust. Three great books which I am now trying to persuade my teenage daughters to read. More importantly I am buying "Run Baby Run" for my 17 year old nephew who has a major struggle with drugs. He was brought up in the church but has strayed big time, but God doesn't let go - so much so that his bedroom, aka "drug den" was gutted by a fire, leaving the rest of the house intact bar some smoke damage! This book should be required reading for all teenagers in London and other inner cities. Why not but a copy for someone you know. They don't have to give their lives to Christ, but giving up a knife could save a life.