Customer reviews

Katherine
Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 March 2017
This book was a wonderful trip down Memory Lane for me as I had first read it
as a young girl in the sixties, who had been brought up with Jean Plaidy. I had never heard of Katherine Swynford but did wonder where the Beauforts fitted into history. I loved it then and I loved it just as much now. I still have the paperback but unfortunately, the print is too small to enjoy reading. Thank Goodness for Kindle. I recently read Anne O'Brien's "The Scandalous Duchess". A wonderful, beautifully written and well researched book. I didn't want to enjoy it as much as Miss. Seton's "Katherine" but I did. There are a few differences, but both books are definitely worth reading and should not be pitted against each other but read as stand alone books and enjoyed. Thanks to Kindle for letting me enjoy Anya Seton's book all over again.
on 18 July 2017
This is s truly beautiful book, by a really great author, capable of bringing the past to life, whilst sensitively writing about a real love story from the 14th century. I read it the first time about 50 years ago and was hooked. I've since lost the book, but decided to read it yet again. Truly worth it!!!
on 6 March 2017
I bought this book as a birthday present for my daughter but she hasn't read it yet. It's in the queue. I read it myself about forty years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt so well informed after reading it. I even visited Katherine's grave in Lincoln cathedral. I shan't read it again as I remember every word.
on 19 July 2017
Love this book! First read it when I was 16 (long time ago!) and have kept a copy by me for all these years. I now have dragged myself into the 21st century and got it on my Kindle. It's a very colourful and absorbing book, and Miss Seyton paints an amazing picture of the 13th century with wonderful detail to make the reader imagine they were there when it all happened.
on 28 September 2017
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end.At times I could not put it down.It was not a historical period that I knew well,but I learned a lot from it.I shall now try to find more of Anya Seton's books and hope they will be just as compelling.
on 28 July 2017
Katharine is a great book. I have read it four times, first in my teens. Each time I find it a delight and get deeper into each character. I have been to Lincoln Cathedral and seen her tomb. A wonderful character.
on 28 August 2017
This book has been a fantastic read. Its filled in alot of the history of England for me. It prompted me to visit Lancaster Castle, which does not do John of Gaunt justice.
on 26 September 2017
Told with ease and anticipation. Truly enjoyable. Never boring or over complicated. Really brings the time to life. Highly recommended
on 4 August 2017
Excellent research by the author and a great example of an indepth historical novel.
on 18 September 2017
Have loved this book since reading it as a child. My hardbook copy is looking very tatty so nice to have it tucked away for rainy days.