Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 August 1999
Ever been uncerimoniously dumped? Everyone will recognise (and cringe at) at least one part of this book.
Chris is funny & witty and really knows how to tell a great (if tall) tale.
If you read this book on the tube, train or bus you will do that sniggering/snorting thing where you laugh out loud and end up hunting in the bottom of your bag for a grubby old tissue to wipe your nose. It really will crease you up and pick you up.
Being smugly married now for 4 years I can still remember how all other boys work at times (and how my pre-husband behaved!) - she has it down to a tee.
Can't wait for the next book when Chris will reveal all - ex-boyfriends should quite rightly quake in their boots and move country.
on 8 January 2008
Thought this was a great holiday read. If you are looking for something that is serious with depth and meaning then don't go for it. This is just a real good book. If you like thirty-something chick-lit then this is for you.It does make you feel as though you know what this person is going through and can sympathise with her. Will suit you if you are on holiday or want a pick me up funny book
on 6 July 2000
Although I had liked Chris Manby's previous books, I hadn't been particularly enamoured with them, but this was brilliant! When Ali got revenge on her ex, I was practically cheering, and at first I hoped she would be happy with Jeremy, till I realised that he was just as bad as the last guy. I liked the way the story ended happily as well, and I am looking forward to her next book.
on 26 July 2004
this book is brilliant. chris manby is fantastic. ive read loads of her books and this is one of my favorites. i couldnt put it down it was fantastic i would recommend it everyone.
on 17 May 2013
Love Chris Manby books very light hearted funny, and entertaining always make me have a little giggle, excellent bedtime reading
on 18 April 2015
Fast and cheap
on 11 November 2000
Although I really enjoy these type of books I felt let down by this book. The storyline was not credible and the characters completely one-dimensional. It was all too stereotyped.
on 26 July 2015
Love it
on 10 May 2001
Sorry, but I could not get into this book at all. It just went completely off on a tangent, with no story, a main character you never really get to know, and just seemed to contradict itself all the time. One book I had no trouble in putting down!