on 20 January 2017
A complex story with many hidden surprises. Not the best of Sanaa Montefiore's books, but still a good read, and a reminder of the horrors humans can inflict on each other both in and out of wartime and the effects of that.
on 27 August 2012
Another fantastic book from Santa The story just draws you in and before you know it your at the end . Woundrefull highly recommend this if you enjoyed her books like the butterfly box .
on 31 May 2015
Loved this story as it gave an insight into what went on in France during and after Second World War.
Kept my interest right to the end.
on 4 December 2012
A lovely novel that was well paced and its characters were well drawn - great book to enjoy on winter's evening.
on 13 August 2013
An excellent book. A good story line, that grabs you right from the beginning. You want to know what happens
on 15 August 2013
Very good condition thanks very much ! Would trade again anytime. What more can I say ?nothing more to say .
on 13 October 2013
I didnt enjoy this book as much as others by the same author . I found the book a struggle to finish.
on 9 November 2015
I enjoyed this story and Santa certainly is my kind of writer, as she uses good English Grammar!!
on 5 October 2016
Hi Amazon thanks for latest book I thought it was a great story and well packed also on time.
on 12 April 2007
This is a book that richly deserves no stars, but the minimum you can award is one. The main character, a six year old boy appears to think like an adult woman. For example, quote: "It's nice to be hugged by a man." The plot is incredibly thin yet also unbelievable. You keep reading, thinking that there must be some point to this, but there isn't. It is not well written, you may be irritated by sentences containing unnecessary adjectives. This is the worst book I can remember reading.

I got my copy for 25p at the charity store. I can well understand why the original owner gave it away. I think the more charitable action is to chuck it in the dustbin and give 25p to the store.