on 6 September 2015
great book and a good read,unfortunately its a reminder of how football and people like the great Sir Bobby used to be before "Sky" came calling and corrupted everything with there filthy lucre .From a a good working class family,he went from working in the pits to managing some of the greatest clubs in the world,including Barcelona,a great footballing story.
on 27 April 2017
Very good condition great price looking forward to reading this book
on 5 August 2005
This fantastic book will ultimately become part of football folklore. Quite simply Sir Bobby is a National treasure embodying all that has been good about British sport over the last half century. The book is funny, informative and utterly delicious. It gives you a real "I was there" feeling, which is of course the stuff of legend. It never resorts to any undignified sensationalism, but why should it when the man's actions speak for themselves. This book is a must for any self-respecting sports fan, or indeed anyone who just loves the man.
on 3 August 2005
This book is amazing, ill give you an idea of how good it is. I bought it Saturday afternoon. I began reading, never stopped, 3 am sunday morning, i finish the book. Buy it, read it, enjoy it.
on 9 August 2005
If football is your interest, hobby or life, even if it's not, you will very much enjoy and appreciate this latest autobiography of Bobby Robson. Bobby (just) seems to have always been around in football but his story, comments and wise counsel are fresh and appropriate to today's world of modern international football. If the saying "Been...Done it.....Got the T-Shirt" applies to anyone it truely applies to Bobby Robson. Do read the book you'll enjoy it for who Bobby Robson is, as well as what he has done in his 72 years of life.
Will keep looking at this site to see if FS of Newcastle provides a review and 5 Stars.
on 1 August 2005
Recently I have read autobiographys from Roy Keane, Vinne Jones and Paul Gascoinge and these are all strongly recomended by me, however, Bobby Robsons "Farewell but not Goodbye" I belive beats them all, even though i have just starting reading chapter 3. His life is so vividy detailed and can be very amusing but also very sad at times. I strongly recommend this book to everyone even if you're not a fan of football.
on 24 February 2012
I loved this book so much that I bought a copy for my Dad. My copy i had to keep to reread.

Sir Bobby, a true legend, a true Gent.
on 22 May 2014
I love this book.

I am not a big reader at all however this book held my interest and I looked forward to my morning and evening commutes so I could start reading it again.

I am a Newcastle fan, and born there too, so maybe I am interested in Bobby more than most, however given that Bobby was involved with so many teams, in so many country's and did so much for charity, any footballing fan could find something interesting in this book.

This book would also appeal to anyone who enjoys history, as the book goes through his upbringing in the coal mines and how life has changed from then and the modern day.

If you remember the tone and the way Bobby spoke you will enjoy this book even more, as I was able to read this in my head like Bobby was narrating the book to me. Perhaps that's what all good books are able to do, just this one seemed special.
on 9 November 2009
Ok I'm a Newcastle fan, so may have some biased opinions towards Sir Bob, but seriously, the man was a legend, and did so much for the beautiful game in his long and illustrious career. Took Ipswich to dizzy heights, won the treble at Barcelona, worked his magic in Holland and Portugal, and despite not winning anything for England or Newcastle, did more for those 2 teams than any managers have done for a long time.

His autobiography is very well written, and you find yourself smiling at some of the things that are said over the years, the respect he commanded, and of course for any football fan it's great to get a glimpse of how things work behind the scenes. It's especially interested to see Sir Bob's view of the Barcelona and Newcastle affairs, and as far as footballing autobiographies go, this is a good one to read.

RIP SBR
on 10 October 2009
What can I say... A wonderful book about a wonderful gentleman. You will go through a wide range of emotions reading this book. From laughter when you hear about some of his stories at Ipswich, to anger when you find how badly he was treated at times by the press and some of the people he worked for, nostalgia when he recalls Italia 90, the tournement that got me interested in football and which I remember so well as a young boy, sadness too, that such a great man suffered so much through his battle with cancer, and also if you support one of the clubs he managed as I do (Ipswich) immense pride.

This book is not just an autobiography it is also a good lesson on how to conduct yourself in life.