Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 December 2014
Great book
on 19 January 2005
I have read many - indeed most - of Donald Walch's 'God' books. Each time I start to read a new one I expect to be disappointed, because I can't believe there is any more really significant new material to come; but this never happens - there is always something new and meaningful there. I am moved to write this review on "Communion with God" because it is truly profound and life-changing. If you have read other books in the series and are dubious about this one (perhaps because of its title) please stop hesitating. Read it - and get others to read it. It is an extraordinary book.
7 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2009
I read this book because I read 'Conversations with God' (the prequel) and was blown away by it.

I really love this book because it talks about why human behaviour is the way that it is. The theory is that humans created 10 illusions that all originate from the gravest of them all: the illusion of need. This created the illusion of superiority etc etc.

Also, it discusses the thoughts behind our thoughts are governed but by 2 emotions: fear and love. This is one of my favourite theories about why humans act the way that we do. And if you apply it in the field ( a bit of the old 'participant observation') then you can really begin to see where this dude was coming from. A quick example: Why are most students at Univesity? Ultimately, it comes from a fear of not being enough to their parents, of being 'left out' and most of all: of not having enough bright prospects to earn a nice living so that they can afford nice things. So, fear is the 'thought' behind the 'thought' behind the 'thought'. Hope that clarifies things up!

Big love all of y'all mofoz
4 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2014
The contents of this book blew my mind. It really is a must read. I couldn't put it down and read the other books in the trilogy that were just as eye-opening and jaw-dropping. You can't take life and others too seriously after this.
on 18 March 2014
Very good book. I read this after the Conversations with God books 1.2. and 3, and there were different messages that didn't repeat themselves, all worthwhile to read. To people who are looking for that extra something in life. Buy the book.
on 9 June 2013
a worthwhile read!!! read it twice and got more from it each time. God is so much a part of our lives!!!
on 28 February 2014
How to get past the invented illusions that mankind has created. It really is a book that leads the way in a more meaningful relationship to the Almighty.
on 7 August 2001
Being a huge fan of all the Conversations With God books, I am almost reluctant to offer any kind of criticism... but I will! "Communion With God" is a fitting conclusion to the series, but I personally prefer the more autobiographical approach of "Friendship With God", or the powerful simplicity of CWG book one. I feel they speak to me more directly than this, but read them all and decide for yourself!
The text here is presented as a monologue, with God speaking straight to the reader. Many of the insights have of course been presented in the previous books, but Walsch and God do present further gems here. In fact it's almost worth buying the book for the first page of the introduction alone. As with all the Conversations With God books, the writing is exceptionally enlightening and of outstanding quality. There are three sections - "The Ten Illusions" (need, failure, disunity, insufficiency, requirement, judgment, condemnation, conditionality, superiority, ignorance), "Mastering The Illusions" and "Meeting The Creator Within".
Walsch/God ends with a call to "seize the day". "Begin as you awaken, by seeing yourself as Who You Really Are, by praising all that you ever have been, and all that you have become. And begin by choosing, in this moment of grace, to become more than you have ever been or ever dreamed of being..." :o) ;o)
26 people found this helpful
on 22 August 2001
Having read most personal growth, spiritual & self-help books around, the conversation with God series definately were my favorits. Still, nothing could have prepared me for this "Communion with God". As far as I'm concerned it's the ultimate ! It brings together all the wisdoms of the conversation with God books. It inspires and uplifts you. It shows you why we often suffer in life & how it could be different. I believe it's the only book you'll ever need to read. I will continue reading it over and over again, untill the wisdoms have become part of me. Untill I can live and breath it. I wish I could share it's beauty with the rest of the world. How much more happy and fulfilled people would be. As it would show them the perfection of their own lifes. Reading this book is like a meditation. May it bring you all the joy and love and light that it's brought me.
43 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2001
The CWG books entered my life at the point when nothing made sense. I was lost. To myself and without myself. I felt helpless and powerless, doors were closing to my face, everything I stood for or believed in was being challenged. I had my own conversation with God, but unlike Walsch I didn't even have a god to turn to -- I spoke to Whomever May Be Out There. And God answered in the shape of 5 books: the three CWG books, Friendship With God and now Communion With God. THe four earlier books started an avalanche of positive changes within me, but Communion did something even more remarkable -- by shifting my perspective just slightly it changed my whole life. It showed me who I am and who I could be. And everything suddenly made sense. Communion With God is not God talking to you through Walsch, it is God talking to you directly. I have found my point of origin and my destination in CWG books, a wonderful friend in Friendship With God and in Communion With God a sense of purpose, an inspiration, a certainty that by changing one life - my own - I can change the world entire.
Reading those books is like a journey that begins with 'Imagine' and ends with 'Just do it'. Imagine being loved and loving unconditionally. Imagine the highest version of who you are. And then just do it and blessed be. A human, being. We spend our lives looking for the ultimate answer, not realizing it is right in front of us. Love is the answer. Maybe we should be looking for the question instead, although that too has been right in front of us from the very beginning. That question is WHO AM I?
6 people found this helpful