Customer reviews

on 14 November 2014
love this book my children (2 and 3) think it is great though the little one gets worried when we get to the page with the eye and will not open the flap. I teach 6-7 year olds and have also taken it into school and they love it and keep asking me to bring it back in and read it again!! Great book to get them keen and really listing.
on 1 May 2017
Excellent book my little boy loved it
on 23 April 2017
Great book granddaughter loves it
on 17 May 2017
Fantastic quality. This book arrived very promptly.
Quite an unknown, but a great twist on the giant tale. Really enjoyed this interactive story with my son.

Through the book, the reader tells a listener to 'shhh!' to avoid waking / disturbing various people / animals around the giant's castle, and then to check using the flaps that they are undistrubed. But when we come to the giant - there may be a surprise in store - even I jumped the first time!

Great fun to read, as it really is interactive and promotes discussion and lots of fhushed voices. All the characters are giant-sized, we see everything as though very very small, which is unusual in that you FEEL small looking at each page, especially with the flaps included.

An abrupt ending - my son wanted me to turn the page again - but we did enjoy it. Encourages imagination and make-believe, and I really liked it as a reader. One for ages 2-5.

on 4 January 2005
My 3 year old thinks this one is hilarious - I think the appeal is much more for children than for the adults who read it to them (which is as it should be, I suppose).I think this one might be a good book to buy to help get a reluctant child interested in books. It's basically about a trip through a scary giant's castle and each page is another step towards the giant. There are lots of windows where your child can look back to check they didn't wake the person in the last room, etc and eventually of course, the child reading the book disturbs the sleeping giant and you have to shut the book quickly to escape. It's a very clever idea and great fun for small children.
on 4 October 2005
I have worked in a Pre-School for 24 years and this is by far their favourite book. The children sit there quietly and as you read the book they are hooked! "Shh....you must be quite now or the giants wife might here us"
The flaps inside are great....but some need a hand to hold when they see the giants big eye! When you get to the end, the first words spoken are usually "Can you read it again"
on 7 October 2000
this book is a definite must for all teachers who wish to keep children captivated.Keep the children involved in the story and keep their youngs minds i suspense,checking to see if the giant is asleep.