Customer reviews

on 3 March 2014
I bought this book very recently as I have booked Lisa herself to come and speak at one of our client events at the end of April 2014.

I remember Lisa and this story pretty well as I was at secondary school myself when this happened and so soon after Dunblane too - our school went onto lock down for some weeks after this terrible incident. Lisa really is the most remarkable woman and still is today. Whilst reading the book you can tell it is her words and how she would have spoken them. Very down to earth, humble and stunned to be called a hero!

This book proves that we can all make plans in life but one incident can change and shape the rest of your life and it is how you deal with it that really moulds what comes next. It would have been very easy for Lisa to slip into a form of depression or be traumatised for life but she chose to have a life instead and has fought hard for it too.

I can't wait to meet Lisa in person! I will always be in awe of the woman who threw herself in front of a mad man to protect those children.
on 15 July 2016
Good book which is worth reading but condition of pages and cover not as described i.e. pages are 'dog earred' discoloured and theres a tear in the cover.
on 29 June 2010
I am surprised that there is only one other review for this book. I think that Lisa was a true heroine, and deserved her George Medal. She is an inspiration to us all.
on 30 July 2016
Great read
on 1 July 2015
Fantastic book fantastic brave lady
on 29 December 2001
The best thing about this autobiography is the essential ordinariness of its subject. Lisa Potts was, and is, a normal young woman with a normal life. Until the day the an extraordinary and horrific event catapulted her into a selfless and heroic act, which left her badly injured, and suddenly famous. This story is a simple tale of her life before and after the event, told in a straightforward unpretentious way. You warm to Lisa within the first couple of pages, and it is inspiring to read of this normal, girl-next-door's courage and modesty. It shows how people cope with massive life changing events, the pressures of fame, and of overcoming trauma. Lisa's story also acts as a reminder that any day, anyone may suddenly find themselves in the middle of something far from every day. I can't help wondering whether I would behave with such selflessness and bravery if it were me.
So if you want to read a biography, don't waste money on the Victoria Beckham popstar type tomes, full of 'inspiring' false claims of how 'normal' these super rich yet utterly wothless types are. No, buy this tale of a true heroine, and be left with the feeling that you've read something worth reading and relevant.