Customer reviews

on 17 February 2017
David's book describes, in an excellent manner, all the "Charismatic gifts", and I found the section on "tongues" very helpful in clearing up some questions I had - that is just about the only gift I am free to use now in personal prayer time (trad, C.of.E.!). For me, "sounds" come out in a gentle stream - which I can stop or pause if I wish - there is no great emotion involved, just a continuing "encouragement" to continue for some time, till the "burden" lifts. As it says in Scripture "If we pray for anything according to His will, we know that He hears us...", and furthermore "He is a rewarder of those who seek His face.". It works!!! In happier places/times, have had the gloriously harmonious joint experiences of "Singing in the Spirit", and on another occasion - to my shocked horror - found myself right next to a long "tongue" message deliverer, and then "in-wardedly urged" to speak out a "visual interpretation"! The Lord is good at surprising us!
on 4 November 2017
This book is a great reference point for all things Holy Spirit related. As someone not brought up with the Holy Spirit I recommended it to bring clarity to what people are talking about!
on 21 March 2018
This a very helpful and insightful book - something you can dip in and out of . I was very encouraged by it.
on 5 August 2016
LOOKING FORWARD TO READING THIS.
on 31 May 2016
A brilliant and informative book
on 16 August 2013
i enjoyed the book,a book full of good teachings,i keep going back to read parts again,makes you think.
every christian could take a lot from it.
on 15 July 2002
Although David Pytches's preface suggests that this book is a guide for those already experiencing the works of the Holy Spirit in their life and/or church, it would also serve as a guide to the Bible's teachings on the gifts of the Spirit for those who are sceptical or interested in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. With Biblical quotes to back up the majority of his claims, and simple good advice on allowing the exercise of the gifts in an orderly manner, this book is really a great guide to its subject. It is a handbook, and not a devotional book, but this is its strength.
7 people found this helpful
on 10 September 2007
Brilliant book, pithy and straight to the point. Contains chapters describing the working and gifts of the Spirit in much detail from scripture and experience. Chapters are in efficient bulleted form much of which is just straight quotation from scripture and testimony and experience helps to show the practicality of his gifts. Written in a very sensible way avoiding all emotionalism which has given other charasmatic movements bad reputation, and detailing very useful advice on ensuring everything is done in a fitting and orderly way. An invaluble book for those wishing to learn about ministering to people in the Spirits power, and for church leaders looking to pursue healing ministries in their own congregations - which is an essential part of our great commision. Over 20 years after its writing this book remains a brilliant resource, and has now been tried, tested and proven by churches such as St Andrews Chorleywood, Holy Trinity Brompton, London UK and the Soul Survivor ministries.
One person found this helpful
on 14 December 2009
A comprehensive and solid little book which has stood the test of time...I refer to it a lot...it was birthed out of reknewal and answers the sort of questions that the inexperienced ask...so glad that it has been reprinted but I buy 2nd hand copies to give away...