Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 January 2013
I read all the Delderfield novels many years ago and have just come back to them on my Kindle. All his novels deal with the history of Britain through the people. This trilogy takes us from the 1850's to 1914 through the eyes of Adam Swann and his family as he begins his transport business. A great family saga but an informative and entertaing look at the industrial revolution and the changing politics of the era. This series was not made in to a tv series as The Horseman Riding By and To Serve Them All My Day novels were. If any producers are reading this it would make a great series for tv ! A great writer and worth reading again.
on 25 September 2011
Having read all the original sets of books by R F Delderfield (beautifully written in good English prose), I am sad that this Kindle copy has so many spelling mistakes and it is the third part only of the original 3 part series appertaining to this story. Where are the other 2 parts for Kindle?
on 4 February 2016
I must admit to being a little bored by the time I got to the end of this novel. My comments on the second novel still stand. I felt there was too much retrospective which bulked the story out. A good history lesson though for the Victorian era through to the First World War. At school I was only taught as far as Charles the second in history.
on 21 July 2013
I have always thought of Delderfield to be a master at his craft and Give Us This Day s no exception. The third book of the trilogy dovetails very neatly with parts one and two. However there is one big draw back that has nothing to do with the author, some of the spelling is very bad and I would like to think that Amazon pay more attention to this in other books that they put on to Kindle.
if they don't I am sure they will lose subscribers.
on 30 August 2013
I read these three books many years ago. but they are as interesting now as they were the first time. The fact is as I had all three on my kindle as soon as one was finished I carried on to the next on without having to go,to library hoping the next in the series was available. They were a social history of this country over many decades.
on 12 January 2014
I read the Swann family saga many years ago and wasn't disappointed 2nd time around. To read any sagas on kindle is great when it saves carrying 3 books around on holiday! I hope to get more of Delderfield's stories now they are on kindle,
on 12 May 2014
Very interesting saga of the Victorian/Edwardian era and of a family dynasty. An insight into the way of life our great grandparents and grandparents grew up in and their many technological achievements.
on 3 October 2013
I bought all of this series and, thoroughly enjoyed them. The story of a young soldier returning from India to make his way in the world. Spans the years of his marriage, children,and grandchildren. The struggle to set up a business, and the tribulations of
running the business and his family over a sixty year period
on 6 September 2013
As always Delderfield is an outstanding writer, his use of the English language is wonderful, the story line, interesting and holds your attention. Reading his books is a great joy.
on 29 August 2014
As they arrived only yesterday this review is based on my reading of it many years ago.Like The majority of Delderfields novels it is excellent.