Customer reviews

on 11 June 2017
I used this book to write a research proposal (level 5/year two uni). It gives a good understanding of what is required for the proposal, and, as anyone who's been or currently is at uni will know, a book that tells you what you think your tutor should have clearly stated is invaluable. This is such a book. In honesty, the appendix that offers the example proposal is the most helpful part for me, and it got me over 70% on my assignment, so I can't knock this book! However that suited what I needed, which was a guide to work from. I'd say the book as a whole offers much more depth, and I could see me dipping back into it if I need to write a bid for my place of work.
on 7 September 2017
As advertised
on 9 December 2014
As someone who is moving into graduate research, I found this to be an incredibly useful explanation of the research proposal process. The information in this book has given me the information I need to organise my thoughts and, importantly, identify what I need to think further about. The structure of the research proposal is broken down and simplified in a way that it is accessible for researchers who might need a refresher and those just starting out. The format and layout of the book makes it a handy primer that can be held onto for years and used for reference as needs be. Would recommend for higher level students and early career researchers in particular.
on 27 September 2014
This is a must buy! Don't let this book slip from your hand. It will turn you from a novice to genius in the art of writing a proposal wouldn't be writing my PHD proposal effectively now without it!! So if you are doing any type of qualitative research, this book is a must have!!!
on 28 September 2014
scientifically correct; practical; synthetical; really useful
on 13 April 2015
Great book for new researchers.
on 25 June 2015
Okay I guess, you just won't be able to rely on this book only. You'll need to go through a lot more. I picked maybe 3-4 interesting ideas/concepts
on 2 February 2014
Good clear structure and easy to read. Extremely useful. Recommended to several friends as a backup to their slightly heavier reading.
on 16 March 2015
Very practical, easy to read and understand, straightforward information as to how to prepare research proposals :)
on 12 November 2012
Easy reading book that is packed with useful information. Very much a hands on practical book for actually doing a research proposal.