on 23 January 2016
as a doctor in the UK undertaking a PGCME I raced through this book for guidance on my literature review. as a novice, i found the it to be well structured, very informative and it take's you from a to z, however, it was also "very" waffly, quite repetitive and could have expanded in certain areas with more examples. nevertheless, it served its purpose well for someone in my shoes and i feel that it earns a healthy 4/5. i believe it would aid most students and HCPs in their lit reviews. happy writing!
on 24 September 2011
This book was very easy to follow and gave an in depth insight to a literature review relating to health and social care practices. Have just under taken my dissertation this book helped stay on focus throughout areas of importance - especially the critique of certain papers. I would recommend this book to anyone undertaking their first research critique as some of the research books can be a little intense, and this guide is well structured and as said before easy to follow.
on 20 November 2013
This is an excellent book for students doing a literature review for the first time as part fo a dissertation. I have used every single chapter to help me produce my final project and I wouldnt have managed without it. It captures the essence and explains everything you need to know about a literature review in the most simple to understand format. I highly recommend it for all undergraduate students carrying out a literature review for the first time.
on 25 April 2011
I found it to be an easy book to read given I have no research experience. After reading it I considered that I could start the project with some confidence. A colleague also read it and feels that she has a grasp of research now - thank you. Other books have often been difficult to understand in lay-man's terms. Good glossary at the back also. Another layer peeled off of the onion!
on 9 February 2015
As a student a Literature Review is the most daunting thing I've had to do and couldn't get my head around the different sections of a literature review. This book is the holy bible for it, guides you all the way and is in simple terms making it easy to understand. This was recommended to me by my lecturers and I fully recommend this to fellow health care students.
on 5 March 2016
For a novice doing a literature review this book makes it so easy to understand!
on 29 July 2014
Excellent written book. We will use it in postgraduate education in midwifery.
on 12 October 2016
extremely useful book to use in /for a literature review and dissertation
on 20 April 2013
I adore this book it has helped me so much by putting things simply and laying out the steps to make a literature review easy and straight forward! I adopted many of the techniques recommended and found that it really gave me direction and made things much easier! Highly recommended!
on 12 April 2013
This book is fantastic and I am currently using it to help me understand how to critically appraise a literature review. It is explained in simple easy to use terms and small enough to carry in my bag on the train. It also has a good section on carrying out research too.