on 13 February 2017
Advise from lecturer at university to purchase for my Forensic science degree. So glad I did, excellent read.
on 6 February 2005
This book is ideal for those interested in, or newly appointed to the role of Crime Scene Investigator. In an easy to read yet clear and concise manner it takes you through the various methods of recording and recovering evidence from a crime scene. Although this text is primarily aimed at Crime Scene Investigators it would inform and support Emergency Services workers required to work at potential or actual crime scenes giving them the background knowledge to avoid contaminating the scene or destroying vital evidence.
on 20 December 2004
To date most of the texts available for forensic science students have been either from the USA or have been fairly indifferent quality " journalistic" texts from this country. Ian Pepper`s book is therefore a welcome addition to the scene. Even better, the text is written by an experienced practitioner in the field who has the confidence to know what to include and what not to. This is a very accessible piece of work, full of good simple illustrations with a clear simple style that students will take to. A long time coming and very welcome too.
on 16 April 2007
This book was one of my favourite texts when I was studying Crime Scene Science. If ever I needed any information on a particular technique, or method of evidence recovery - then I new Ian Pepper would have covered it! This book is ideal for students wanting to work as a CSI / SOCO.

Ian was one of my Lecturers at the University of Teesside, and I can honestly say that this book is excellent. An intelligent book, from a wonderful, intelligent man.
on 21 February 2010
Currently studying for an Msc in Forensic Collision Investigation. As a police collision investgator, I have been involved in forensics and RTC investigation for 26 years. This is a relevant, good overview of the forensic scene investigation world and, with its references within, a good platform to further research on addressed topics. Good value for money and an easy read.
on 12 October 2015
I have used this book for my first two years at university and will most likely use it in my third year. The book is extremely well written and easy to use, it covers every topic under the forensic sun! I have used it in numerous assignments and pieces of work and I have found it to be the most useful book I have come across whilst studying Crime and Investigation. I would highly recommend anyone studying this degree or any similar degree in any year from first year to PHD level to take a look at this book as it is extremely useful. Having also been taught by Ian Pepper it is great to be able to hear real world experiences that can be coupled with the book. A fantastic and highly recommended book written by a fantastic person!
on 7 June 2011
I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in CSI, particularly practitioners or those who are studying Crime Scene Science or any related area. This book provides a comprehensive narrative of all aspects of Crime scene evidence, recovery, packaging and documentation along with chapters dealing with forensic photography; trace evidence; DNA and Fingerprinting making this book ideal. It is my book of choice and probably the only CSI book that I would recommend.
on 19 February 2015
Fascinating and educational book about the work, of the CSI and the various roles of Police and Law Enforcement Agencies. It goes in depth and behind the scenes but focuses on how police evidence, facts, tarnished evidence, proof of the crime, standards of the law and the chain between the law and the police. As this is the real Mccoy and not what is depicted on television it makes a fascinating read.
on 19 December 2014
Brilliant book, easy reading, instead of all the technical jargen, it was better and easier to start with this book and then move on to the harder more technical books.
on 22 March 2014
The book was in great condition and have been told from my CSI lecturer that this book will get me through all the modules next year and not to buy anymore books