on 31 August 2017
A helpful reference book for writing up lab reports in psychology. It lays out each section of a report into individual chapters. There are many books out there but this one is my personal preference. A great additional reference book to use with other research books.
on 26 February 2001
This book offers a clear and concise guide to anyone who needs to put across an experiment. As a psychology student I found it an essential guide to let me know what to focus on and what not to agonise over! A top buy.
on 3 March 2004
This book is excellent. It really helped me to write a Psychology level 2 asignment, which I gained a brilliant mark for. Very useful for people who have trouble with quantitative reports and find them very boring. Also very useful in helping to understand statistical outcomes from SPSS. The book goes over everything from Level 1 and I'm sure will help me in my dissertation!
on 30 November 1998
Clearly set out guidelines to help all new Psychology students get over the fear of writing that first lab. report.
on 26 July 2010
Essential for any student embarking on a Psychology degree is "Designing and Reporting Experiments" (Peter Harris, 1986). Despite the age of the original issue, this text is still very relevant. Purchase this volume prior to, or early on in, the first year of degree. Don't make the mistake I did and wait until entering year three - as at least one grade point will be deducted during year two for assignments entered with incorrect referencing and/or statistical reporting. A must!!
on 2 April 2014
I'm currently in my 2nd year of a Psychology & Criminology degree and ordered this book at the beginning of the year and it has been the most useful book I have purchased. I can't believe the university didn't recommend us to buy it. The book has all the steps for analysing data and how to do it as well as how to correctly write it up for your report. The book is a nice small size and fits easily into a bag without adding too much weight and the online guide is really useful as it gives you more detail and saves you carrying a huge book around everywhere. I really wish I'd had this book during my first year, a definite recommend for psychology students!
on 21 May 2012
Book recommended by a friend, have use the book to help with a report for psychology. Found it very usefulwith the various stages expalaining step by step how to go about setting out the report.
on 15 October 2010
There are few books which are well written and do not confuse the subject matter - this is not one of those books. It offers clear passages of information and relevant practical explanations for the learner. It provides a solid foundation on different types of experiments, their content, structure and possible reporting formats; a priceless investment for anyone looking to undertake experiments in psychology.
on 30 September 2013
Arrived in excellent condition and in good time for my daughter to return to university to continue her Psychology degree.
on 19 September 2010
As I am just starting my undergrad In Psych I needed this book alot. It has good detail but in a manner which i could understand due to me never doing psych before.

The excersices helped me aswell and certainly a book that I am very glad I purchased.

A must for anyone starting in psych.