on 30 April 2015
I have found this book to be very dry and for those who are looking for a clear explanation of the position of early Christianity this is a very difficult read. It is part of my study course work unfortunately! For me it lacks a clear path and I would not recommend this.
on 16 January 2001
Since using Richardson's book on the Creeds, it is useful to see an up to date work on this aspect of theology. It is a good contrast and well worth a read.
on 2 October 2015
I believe this is written in such an out dated and over educated fashion that it becomes tedious very quickly, much better off with William Barclay
on 5 August 2011
I have found this book to be clear and informative about the Patristic times of the making of the creeds for my course.
on 20 December 2014
Book arrived in good time. Not as easy a read as the preface suggests, but well worth the time and effort. As a trainee reader I found it stretched my mind and gave me food for thought.
on 30 April 2014
All went as well as it could go with this order. No delay, item arrived in condition as described and I have no reason for complaint.