on 10 August 2015
I bought this along with 11 other Julia Donaldson Books(All Board Books). I did a lot of research before buying and building my 15 month old daughters first library along with Van Fleet, Eric Carle, Dr Suess etc. At first it was all about pictures then sounds then role play and now its the story in 12-13 months she has grown with these books and loves anything we introduce now. Each book has a 12-14 page story which gives you abundance of opportunity to spend quality time with your little one. Reading is just one of the things you can do with these. They are illustrated so very well with vibrant colours and end to end pictures that you have so much to explore if you introduce reading really young. I have copied some of the illustrations on to a A4 sheet given my daughter to color. Just buy when it says Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler together on a book.
on 25 July 2017
Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler come up trumps yet again with this gorgeously illustrated rhyming story about an adventurous snail and a friendly whale. The poem is just fantastic to read out loud - it rolls you along, and my baby loved listening to it from just a few months old. Now that he's twelve months old, he's much more interested in the pictures - he leans right in close to the book to examine Axel Scheffler's little creatures and odd details. He even pushes my thumb away if it's covering a bit of the picture he wants to see! I love the way this story introduces children to the idea of travel, adventure, helping others, and environmental concerns, too. An absolute classic. I love reading it out loud! If you have small children or know small children, PLEASE BUY THEM THIS BOOK! You will not regret it!
on 6 January 2017
We have a number of Julia Donaldson's books and they are great, this one was ok. Not one of the better ones(such as....sharing a shell, room on a broom, singing mermaid) but still a decent read for my toddler.
on 23 March 2016
My 2 year old loves after The Stick Man and a few other current favourites. She likes the shiny ladybird which you have to find on each page and it's enjoyable as she can interact and make the animal sounds as we ready it together. If you're child likes animals this book will be a hit!
on 13 May 2017
A lovely book for little ones. Beautifully illustrated and colourful. Kept my grandsons entertained.
They are rather keen on Whales at the moment so this book was a winner.
on 24 July 2017
Another great Julia donaldson book, my 2 year old especially loves this one due to the mention of all the different animals and the noises they make, he likes to repeat them all and point to them on the pages as we read the story
on 19 May 2017
A great story, that is supported with great animations and my daughter loves the glitter on the pages and finding the ladybird throughout.
on 12 October 2016
This series of books is great to get the kids enthused about heading out into the world. The items to find and spot are varied enough to cover a good few weekend walks and the stickers help draw the kids from the TV. Educational and fun - recommended for the reduced prices on here.
on 21 July 2017
Fantastic series of books which my daughter loves. Can't say much more than that as surely everyone has heard of her work!
on 17 June 2017
Fantastic book, love the way it rhymes. The children love hearing it being read to them & also love reading it themselves too.