Customer reviews

on 2 January 2013
The book is about an egg with which a number of African animals try to crack, with no result, despite applying a medley of different egg-opening techniques. Then it cracks open of its own accord. It is a great book with a slightly sinister ending, which children will love.

This book is no longer in print and I obtained this gem second hand for under a quid + pp.
on 21 April 2016
Was Hunting for it because it was my daughters first reading book, as it is an easy one for children to learn with
and I wanted it for her son my grandson.
on 9 October 2003
This looks like such a simple book but we read it to our 1 year old boy - you have to do the actions with it - and he absolutely loved it. He would make us read it over and over again!!
3 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2011
My dad used to read this to me as a little girl. We used to pretend I was the egg and it was great fun. One of my fondest memories, such a shame it is no longer in print.