TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 February 2015
My three year old niece loves me to read this to her, and she always joins in.

She adores the pictures, the rhymes are easy for her to remember, and she invariably ends up gleefully finishing the lines with me, and predicting the next page. She also points to the relevant illustration at the same time, telling me what will happen next ("... the bird saw it fall ...."; "... the frog will find it for her ...."; "... the dragon! the dragon is following her!")

It's a good length for a bedtime read - 10-15 minutes, depending on the amount of interaction.

Finally, it's a nice little feel-good story, with a positive message of kindness and co-operation; and all characters happy at the end (apart from that mean old dragon, of course).

I bought the "board" version of the book, and I'm glad I did, because it has been manhandled, dropped, sat upon, and (on 2 occasions) wedged in the back of the sofa. I can't honestly say that it's 'as good as new', but it is still very much fit for purpose, in one piece, with all pages intact and untorn.
on 13 January 2017
Tremendous story and illustrations. This immediately became the bedtime story of choice for our 18 month old - she loves the characters and the expressive text (and WHOOSH, they were gone!), and it's great fun for the adult reading it - even after doing so every night for 6 months! The board book format is perfect for a toddler - robust and compact.
on 28 August 2017
One of my two top favourites of Julia Donaldson's books! The language she uses roll wonderfully off of the tongue, and it's fun to read. My 5 year old gets to learn new words that aren't commonly used such as "bog". I can't read this book enough. If it were up to me, I'd read almost nothing but Room on the Broom, and The Snail and the Whale.
on 30 August 2016
Popular on different levels with all our grandchildren ranging from 2 to 7. Julia Donaldson is a diamond.
on 1 July 2013
Great book, my son loves it! He got it as a "present from baby" when his little sibling was born and he was over the moon because he loves "Room on the broom" and sound toys. He'll often "read" it to himself from memory and press buttons as he goes. When I read it to him, I find myself pressing buttons more often than indicated. I haven't found that this interferes with the rhythm of the poem like a previous reviewer has said, but I tend to read slowly and deliberately, with many pauses, anyway.
on 9 May 2017
Got for my 3year old after she took a liking to the story at nursery. She loves her 'what the ladybird heard' sound book so I opted for the sound book over the normal book for this one. She loves it. However I don't think the sounds are as good in this one(I think that's more to do with the lack of options to make sounds for really) but on the whole it's great and I'm really pleased.
on 11 March 2013
If you've bought one of these sound books before, don't think they're all the same. The sounds on this book are magic! Also, sometimes, you find goods sounds but poor story, this is book covers everything. The story is interesting but not too complicated for younger children. Also, lots going on in the pictures so parents can invent things. Less one star as if I actually read this book word for word, I doubt my child would understand much, so I replace words as I read along, easily done.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 July 2017
Love this book, read this most nights to the grandson and the other grandchildren when they come and stay, they all join in and get really excited towards the end of the book. Never fails to please them.
on 2 July 2017
Superb Julia Donaldson book that our granddaughter really loves, we have the short animation shown on the BBC taped with Sky+ and it compliments the book so well. The illustrations by Axel Scheffer are wonderful and I would highly recommend this book.
on 30 January 2017
I like this story, it's easy to read with my 2 year old Grandson.