on 21 September 2001
You cannot fault this book when it comes to entertaining babies. My son loves it and as it comes with a handy plastic cord you can attach it to the car seat making sure you always have something with you to entertain you little one. The different textures within the book encorage your child to turn the pages and feel his way through the story. To finish it the pictures are nice and bright and the story is simple yet my son finds it very entertaining.
If you have baby buy this book and attach it to their car seat. You will have a wonderful toy for your child to play with and you will never leave home without a toy again.
on 19 January 2010
have purchased this book many times...every baby I know simply loves it!!Working as a maternity nurse am always on the lookout for things that are good value,durable and entertaining for the little ones and this'first book'fits the bill...I will be ordering more in the future..
on 31 December 2009
My son received this when he was 3 months old or so. At first he simply held it to look at his reflection in the mirror (a very good mirror by childrens book standards - it doesn't have the "crazy mirror" feel many others have) though he soon got into turning the pages and chewing on it, which is where this book came into it's own. I was sick of looking at board books with teeth marks in them. All this needs is a quick wash at night and viola, you're ready for the next day.

One simple, but often overlooked feature is the book is the velcro tag. You can attach it to cot bars or pushchairs or.. anything, really.

The pages are very simple. There are three black and white images of animals (the same seen on the front cover) with the names written beneath, and three black/white/red patterns. They're quite simple images but hold babies interest for quite some time.
VINE VOICEon 12 November 2013
My 2-month old looks at this and it does take her attention and she likes squeezing the pages with her hand. It makes a noise which seems to entertain her. The faces in this, and other similar books, capture her eyes and when I move the book, she does try and follow it. It has stopped her crying on numerous occasions, which is deserving of 5 stars in my opinion!
on 27 May 2016
My baby really seems to love this book. You can really see her focus on it. I like the quality of the mirror, the textured pages and the actual content of the book. It's a nice material for her to feel and grab. The plastic ring on it for attaching it to the buggy or car seat means it comes with us when we're out and about. It's a good distraction if the tears are about to start! Great little source of entertainment.
on 5 July 2005
My 8 month old son loves this and many times we have managed to stop him crying by showing him this book. For some reason he finds the pink pig extremely amusing!
on 29 April 2016
It's the first book I got my baby when he was just 2 months old and it's been brilliant to witness him discover the patterns and colours first and now he can grab the pages he loves the crinkly sound. It's the one toy that comes with us everywhere!
on 10 March 2016
It was a gift so I don't know if the baby liked it but but as for quality I was not impressed. The material is ok, but the quality of the printing not that much. The edges of the images were not very sharp and the contrast between the colours was not very good.
on 22 May 2013
Did not live up to expectations.. Pretty basic compared to other black and white books such as "my animals". The fact that it could not be washed added to the frustration. Decided to wash it as baby too young and was biting it. The colours run!
on 19 November 2015
Recommended by a friend, I bought it before birth and was impressed at how my daughter stared at it from a few days after birth.
It lives by the side of the changing mat and distracts her, she is now 2 months old and still likes to look at these very simple, high contrast pictures.