Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2017
Bit lower quality than advertised.
on 28 May 2017
An excellent book, great quality, fast shipping, definitely buying again from this seller
on 5 January 2002
An easy read even for the fashion layman, all idea's behind buying,marketing and merchandising exposed, I researched topics in a business library prior to reading the book, only to discover that it was a waste of time because everything I needed was in the book...
on 17 January 2009
I bought this book whilst embarking on a career in merchandising. It proved to be a fantastic introduction to the key principles of buying and merchandising. The first few months in a new head office role can be awkward and uncomfortable if you dont know what you're doing; but this book will help you to get an early grasp on the key planning processes and documents you will need to be familiar with.

I would also recommend this book to business and fashion students, as well as shop floor staff who are curious as to how buying and merchandising works.
on 17 July 2014
This book gives a general idea of what buyer and merchandiser do in the fashion industry. I read it before attending a fashion course, and feel it's very helpful for people who want to build a career in buying and merchandising. The merchandising part is a bit difficult for me and I decide to read it again.
on 19 March 2008
I am fashion business entrepreneur and also a fashion designer. Although I ve been trained in many areas of management within start ups companies and studied fashion design, i knew I needed to read more about fashion retailing. I bought this book to help me to understand more specifically the dynamics of a business structure within the fashion retailing industry and the balance between business and design.
I must say that this book is almost like a bible to me. It is a very good base to start organising a start up...but of course business is an art and there is not a definite picture to it and one have to adapt things. But the authors of this book achieved their goal in compiling it.
:-D quite long but the book deserves a long review!
on 6 December 2003
This book is extremely well written and great as an introduction to many areas of the fasion industry. Very easy to read. It is very thorough, and has a sense of humour too.
I am actually lucky enough to currently be a student to one of the authors of this book, and it is as good as being in one of his lectures.
I have worked myself in fashion and was able to indentify with many chapters in this book from my own experiences, - plus, there are plenty of new areas that I have learnt about!
on 22 November 2010
This book was so useful. I read the book before I had an interview with arcadia for a Merchandising role and I so glad I did!!! Helped me a lot!
on 7 July 2012
This book was highly recommended by my professors at London College of Fashion and rightly so. It is easy to read and clearly and succintly explains what the roles of a fashion buyer and merchandiser entails. It goes on to explain how the fashion business works with some very useful tips on negotiating. I would recommend this book to all those who want to understand what the roles actually entail.
on 6 May 2013
This book is gives a perfect all round insight into buying and merchandising and is a really easy read. Very informative and detailed. Would definitely recommend to a student or a buyer or merchy wanting to progress to a higher level. Delivery was 2 days.