Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 September 2009
This book is old ( a quote from the book 'new exciting Operating systems like windows 95' i found that quite amusing) but the theory and principals are the same as modern day delphi and pascal so its doesn't really matter. all round a clear and useful book at a good price!
on 26 November 2002
A really good book for starting out in Turbo Pascal and Delphi. Lots of quick examples to try. Somewhat lacking on the delphi side but it gets you started. Wish I'd had this book when I did A-level computing!
on 12 March 2001
I really learnt from this book, gave me enough pascal knowledge to make Delphi programming really easy. However one or two of the examples are for Scientific calculations etc which can leave you confused as to what is pascal syntax and which is the formula - however the serial comms section is great (provided you read the appendix on hexidecimal/binary first!)
on 25 August 2012
Unlike other Pascal books, this book teaches you through examples. This book helped me greatly through my A Level Computing course and I was able to write a fully functional program as a result of it.
on 13 December 2001
When I bought this book I was a first year student studing Business Information Technoloy. I was finding it really hard to understand Pascal programming, but this book starts right at the beginning and is easy to understand.
I would recomend tis book for any one that has no previous knowledge of Pascal
on 27 August 1999
This book is generally well laid out with usefull, practical examples. For me though, the most interesting section was that on interfacing your computer using parrallel and serial ports. If you're considering using delphi to develop small robotics applications, or for designing custom communications applications this book is an excellent starting point.
on 7 September 1999
This is my find of the year. Finally I have got a software book that does things differently than all the others. It also covers the theory of Pascal very well. I wish I had used it when I studied on my course all those years ago.
on 18 December 2015
Great bit of programming info!