on 8 November 2001
This audio book is a fantastic work of art. The play is well spoken and very well acted.When listening to it one feels as if sitting in a theatre. The play comes alive in front of your inner eye, you forget where you are and what you do. You'll be thrilled!
on 4 April 2015
(This is a review of the 3 CD set which cost me £12.78. Some sets on here seem far more expensive),
I like Shakespeare, but it was actually seeing Richard III's cortege in my home city recently that prompted me to get this.
Very good performance, Kenneth Brannigan plays a totally convincing Richard III and the entire cast is fine.

Excellent clear sound and the music (mostly from Janacek's "Taras Bulba") works very well with it. I only wish that I hadn't initially wasted money on the iPod version because the CD sound quality is so much better. Through headphones using a personal CD player the sound is superior to that delivered by my iPad using the same audiophile headphones. (It was because I wasn't happy with the download that I then bought the CD). Through my hi-fi speakers the CD sound is superb. Also, I'm one of those old-fashioned types who generally prefer a shiny disc to a download. Good documentation too.
on 13 October 2013
I never read the play but always wanted to, this audio CD helped me to understand it, plus it was an absolute treat to listen to it; well acted I highly recommend this CD.
on 11 June 2005
If studying this novel the CD works brilliantly alongside it, you can hear HOW the lines would be delivered and get a better overall effect of the play! Def worth it
on 17 February 2015
An excellent performance given here. Worth buying, as many of the speeches sound new & fresh no matter how many times you hear them. Highly recommended.
on 29 July 2013
This edition of Richard III (with notes by Richard Adams) is probably the finest around. Despite being edited 30 years it has all the hallmarks of meticulous scholarship. Adams evidently has a background in History. He brings this elegantly to the fore throughout the play, enhancing our understanding not only of the text but of the Historical Background. A brand new edition of this needs to be published. Much thanks, Mr Adams, it was a labour of love reading your every sentence!
on 17 September 2014
fast delivery, good quality, well acted.