on 21 June 2016
Ooh, I was determined to give this book a chance after reading all the negative reviews and make my own mind up. Unfortunately, the negatives have hit the nail on the head. I didn't find any of the characters at all likeable and none were deep enough to care about. Finished the book but at times it was a struggle.

I'm still not sure of the "why" in this book, the "how" was far fetched and sketchy and the rest of it was too far fetched with not enough detail or history. Lots of loose ends.

There are much better David Baldacci books out there (Will Roby and John puller being my favourites).

I'd give this one a swerve if I were you.
on 20 April 2017
This book was awful. Terrible descriptions, childish and awkward action and make believe in the extreme. The worst book of his I've ever read.
on 21 February 2014
I have read most of the books written by David Baldacci and never been disappointed. However, I struggled from the start to get into this story. Didn't like the general idea of the storyline or the characters once I had got into it enough to decide. Didn't even finish this book which is very very unusual for me. Personally wouldn't recommend this.
on 29 December 2016
This Baldacci classic really is a "winner". The story moves at a fast and furious pace that leaves the reader almost breathless with anticipation. What a woman LuAnn turns out to be ! The plot twists and turns and what will happen next is never apparent until it occurs. Absolutely Brilliant
on 13 May 2013
I admit it, I struggled with this one. The story's split into two parts with a ten year interval between them so the first couple of hundred pages are built around the heroine, Lu-Ann, who's drawn in to an improbable and massive fraud with the promise of great wealth.

Then suddenly, in Part 2, the improbable Lu-Ann (who seems to be something of a melding of Wonder Woman, Bruce Lee's cleverer sister and Jessica Alba) returns after 10 years and is indeed, fabulously wealthy. But she's broken the fraudulent mastermind's rules and he's out to cover his tracks. The story and the writing improve greatly and by the end you're willing her on. Usual Baldacci twists and turns (sometimes there are to many of them for my taste). Good fun in the end.
on 28 March 2017
It's a thriller, an adventure story with a bit of romance thrown in, from the time that you meet the central characters, you are carried along with them with every step of this twisting drama until you finally reach the dramatic climax. As usual Baldacci features strong enigmatic characters and a superb plot. You will not be disappointed. Guaranteed.
on 27 April 2017
From the very start of the book to the end it was a gripping story, excellent characters and a really good plot, hard to put down
on 13 March 2015
Disappointed. This was my first David Baldacci novel and the characters were so ridiculous that I felt I was reading a book written by a child.
I may well try another of his books as I'm hoping that perhaps this just wasn't his best.
But how an editor can miss there instead of they're is beyond me. Also the main character was called by her daughter's name at one point. Not good!
on 24 May 2017
I bought this book for my holiday reading, Don,t like reading my kindle on the beach, so save it for the apartment - couldn't wait to get back to it though! Had to have a very late dinner last night so I could finish it! Must get more Baldacci!.
I don't like reviews that explain the plot, so I won't even try, suffice to say an exciting and clever book with a very satisfying conclusion.
on 16 April 2017
Not one of his best books, but ok. I'm half way through, and finding I'm wanting it to end soon.