on 25 December 2012
What can I say about Adam Nevill that I haven't already said in previous reviews? This man is a genius! Every book I've read by Adam Nevill has left me with disturbed images and counting the days till his next book is published!

Last Days draws you in from the first page. The detail is so precise you're left wondering if this was a real cult and whether the events actually happened! There are obvious similarities to Charles Manson and his followers but the evil here has a more sinister and insidious nature, focusing on the members of the cult itself.

The disturbing events are relentless and right to the end I couldn't guess what would the conclusion would be. Any horror fan that hasn't read any of Adam Nevill's books - don't waste any more time, get reading!!
on 13 January 2018
What a truly compelling read, it's been a long time since I have read a great horror story. I look forward to reading more books from Adam Neville.
on 1 January 2014
It is really pleasurable (and terrifying) to read Adam Nevill. I enjoyed this. Fortunately, although it's spooked me to the core, it's not as utterly frightening as The Ritual, so I'm not turning all the lights on all the time. One thing I really like about Last Days and The Ritual is the way they veer off into something unexpected about two-thirds of the way through. There's nothing predictable here. He's excellent at characterisation, particularly the loser protagonist, someone a little lost. His images are often startling. This was a real page-turner and I heartily recommend it.
on 14 February 2015
Genuinely scary moments delivered through a vivid descriptive narrative. The set pieces at the various locations became samey, though, and for me the story was good deal shorter than the book. Some protagonists were very slow to accept the evidence before their eyes. Not being convinced by a spinal column appearing on your ceiling seems a bit far fetched. I'd be on me toes no fear. In fairness, realisation must be difficult to pitch. I enjoyed the story and will read the author again.
on 7 July 2015
Few authors write books that genuinely scare the pants off of me. Adam Nevill does. This is my second Nevill book. The first half of the book is terrifying, creepy, I loved it. The atmosphere that Nevill creates is just fantastic and the dread just builds and builds. The ending wasn't quite what I was expecting but was still very cool. This and The Ritual by Nevill are absolute top draw. 5 stars.
on 22 October 2017
This is my second Adam nevill novel & it didn't disappoint. Better than the ritual. Would love to know what happens next, surely there's milage in a second book.
Thanks for an amazing book
on 19 January 2018
I mainly read on my commute to and from work. This book was astounding. Loved the way it sucked me into the story and almost missed my stop on several occasions. Will make sure I read more by Adam Nevill his writing is second to none. This book needs to be turned into a movie immediately!
on 1 March 2016
This book really had it all! Suspense, horror, super natural. This was a fantastic read and would highly reccommend to anyone who would like to be gripped from the off. I found the style of Adam Nevells writing brilliant so i bought the rest of his collection
on 24 December 2012
This is such a brilliantly written story with excellently developed characters. Neville has vastly improved on The Ritual with the story development of Last Days and really finely tuned the art of scaring your readers silly. Following two documentary makers on their quest to uncover the truth of a sect and it's brutal past, as a reader you are really along for the ride and compelled to keep reading if only to uncover a few more secrets. The charecters of Kyle and Dan are so down to earth and 'real' that you start to believe this kind of stuff could relly happen what with the goulish 'others' making brief appearances on camera to the otherworldly stains turning up on the walls of pretty much everywhere...get ready for a creepy rollercoaster of fear! Stephen King could learn a thing or two from this guy...please read!
on 17 April 2017
Enjoyed the story and characters, even had me jumpy in places, although I think the end was a bit abrupt. Definitely worth a read tho.