on 2 March 2016
This is my 3 year old's favourite book. We found a copy in our local library, and loved it so much we bought one of our very own (the library wanted theirs back). It gets read at least once every day, and she knows it by heart already. It's the tale of a small dragon who can't always control his temper, and his favourite bedtime story. We would recommend it to anybody with bad tempered, dragon-loving little children.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2013
I loved the illustrations which show Mum getting more and more weary with each new demand and the young dragon becoming more red/angry and demanding. Lots for parent and child to talk about to develop the child's understanding that adults do not have an infinite supply of energy and that they have needs too. Great for 2 to 5 year olds.

All the books in this consignment which I ordered from Amazon had been put loose in a large box with a heavy item and they had moved in transit which meant that some corners were badly bashed. The books were intended as Christmas presents for grandchildren and it was too near Christmas to have this issue resolved. Badly done, Amazon.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2011
This was bought for my 4 1/2 year old grandson. He is just beginning to read so it gave him great pleasure to be able to help me with 'again'. The story is so simple and yet captures the comfort a child gains from re reading a story again and again and again.....! What completes this book is the illustrations which give endless opportunities for discussion including the need to go to bed before Mummy and Daddy get too tired! A book that can be read AGAIN and AGAIN.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2013
Wonderful book - very clever, very funny. It's a bit difficult to 'read' to little kids though, as there's little in the way of 'conventional' text - you find yourself doing a lot of explaining! But then they like 'reading' it for themselves, so this is no problem (unless you are a stressed-out, pedantic, convention-bound, Dad like me, of course...)
on 1 February 2012
This books is brilliant! My son absolutely loved it and so did i. Its very clever. The little dragon asks his mum to read a book, again and again. Each time the book changes, and the dragon its about learns something. The little dragon who wants his mum to ready the book however doesnt seem to learn anything and burns a hole in the back of the look. very funny. I would definately recommend to anyone.
on 8 January 2012
Emily Gravett has a wonderful imagination, excellent artistic and colourful pictures to keep young readers wanting more, keeping them interested enough to want it read to them time and time AGAIN. Every book has been individually designed to deliver an exciting and brightly coloured storyline, and can keep the attention of children looking for other things in the pictures, and taking part in the recognition of easy-to read words. Julia Donaldson, you have a real competitor here!
One person found this helpful
on 28 December 2013
Emily Gravett is one of our favourite authors and my 4 year old son got this book from the library originally and it was one of those he didn't want to take back so I bought his own copy for Christmas. It's a lovely story and I would recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed any of her other books.
on 5 February 2012
I only need to see the name Emily Gravett to know that a treat is in store. Her illustrations are captivating and the text is charming. I am so pleased with this delightful book that I have bought it not only for my own grandchildren but for my friends' grandchildren as well. This wonderful story appeals to children and grown ups alike with an extra special surprise at the end. Enjoy!
4 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2014
I just think it is a great idea. And I really like it. I think as and when my little one gets into it (has not happened yet) then she will be sleepy in no time -and I mean this in a positive way, not a boring way :-)
on 30 June 2013
The latest Emily Gravett title has been a regular purchase this year, chosen for several friends' new babies. She has worked her magic in this appealing title, with delightful illustrations, and such an appealing story. A joy!