Customer reviews

London Falling (Shadow Police)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 July 2017
Well maybe not 'ever' but certainly it's right up there. It is without any doubt the most ridiculous plot that I've read, one that had me constantly pausing to wonder why I was continuing to read it. The climatic final scene when the baby boiling witch meets mob justice really was the final straw, after that it was a quick skim just to find out where this nonsense ended up. Don't think I'll bother with the rest of the series.
on 19 November 2017
It's hard to read without comparing it to Rivers of London. But where Rivers is fantasy, this is horror and where Rivers is Ars Magica this is Unknown Armies. Enjoyed it very much and about my only criticism is that the Epilogue feels a little tacked on. Will be picking up the next one after lunch.
on 3 September 2017
I read and enjoyed this book some time back. Then I eventually read "The Severed Streets" and started to realise how much more there was to it, hence the re-read. This is a great Urban Gothic Police Procedural and I wonder if I should re-read "The Severed Streets" before going on to the next one.
on 23 May 2017
I wasn't sure if I would like this at first, it seemed a normal police story but then the strange stuff kicked in. It's like a supernatural Sweeney. Very original and very good. I will certainly read more by this author.
on 31 May 2017
Think ancient powers, think London, Witchcraft, Dark Powers, Sacrifice and West Ham Football Club...
Confused?
Think how the four coppers feel thrust into a world of magic underpinning London as they know it, and the crimes committed in its name unbeknownst to The Law...
Time to break some kneecaps boys.
on 19 May 2017
First in the series of 3 so far. I have reviewed the other 2 more fully, but the series is a must buy. Put it on your bucket list.
on 8 May 2017
A strange but believable tale. You have to read to the end. It even made me cry, not something I normally do!
on 11 January 2017
That's book has more turns then a roundabout, the amount of times I was just going to finish this chapter and the last line would shock me in to carrying on to the next was unbelievable. This book was so good I bought the next two in the series while only half way in
on 4 November 2017
no problems
on 5 November 2017
Fast delivery, book as described, will use again