Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 October 2015
Beautiful modern-day interpretation of the Christmas classic, which is now my family's Christmas classic in its own right. Carol Ann Duffy uses beautiful rhyme, rhythm, assonance and dissonance to amazing effect.
on 11 November 2013
For anyone who is tired of the traditional poem with its tortuous scanning as in 'I sprang out of the bed to see what was the matter', this is a gentle personal view of a child's night before Christmas
on 3 January 2013
this little book is just lovely. the text is delightful and the illustrations fit perfectly. Carol Ann Duffy has a real gift for this kind of thing. I hope she likes it too.
on 21 December 2013
I love these tiny neat books, so beautifully illustrated. Duffy is a well-deserved Laureate who writes wonderful poetry and prose. I would recommend this book for any age.
on 2 January 2015
Little bit disappointed not quite as good as I was expecting. Loved The Story Of The Lost Happy Endings by Carol Ann Duffy so had high expectations.
on 25 December 2013
Just wonderful. Makes a fabulous Christmas gift. Illustrations and poetic story make it very special. We have enjoyed reading it on Christmas day.
on 5 January 2013
Beautifully presented little volume. I was expecting something slightly bigger, but the story did not disappoint. Great to read to older children.
on 8 February 2016
Delightful little book with Rob Ryan's gorgeous cut-out artwork. Modern twist on a classic story/poem which is quite magical and charming.
on 29 December 2015
lovely modern version of an old favourite - made me cry the first time I read it, will be reading it to my granddaughters for years to come
on 15 January 2013
I gave this as a gift for a family and I can see this becoming a family tradition to read it at Christmas time along with the original.