Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 11 May 2017
Excellent
on 17 March 2017
Will be used to keep me entertained while hanging about at airports.
on 1 September 2010
The croswords themselves are good, but I am disappointed with the design of the book. I like to have my clues all on the same or opposite page as the grid; this book has clues sometimes on the page before or sometimes the page after the grid and I find it annoying having to go back and forth all the time. The pages could be bigger to accommodate the large number of clues.
on 21 July 2013
The puzzles were fine, if nearly impossible without the help of the internet, but the quality of the book itself was woeful. I had done only one crossword when the rest of the pages began to fall out. This is especially annoying when the puzzles involve turning backwards and forwards because of the layout - a 3 page spread for each one. Almost every time I turned a page2 or 3 more would become detached. very poor quality. I won't be buying any more from this series.
on 23 January 2013
No.s 5 to 8. Don't waste your money on these unless you enjoy being frustrated. The clues are set at a level way above general knowledge and should you wish to improve your G.K. you will often be disappointed by how obscure some of the answers are. Add to this the fact that the paper is of poor quality and the pages are too small. Frequent page turning is required to read all of the clues for each crossword and the grids are too close the the book spine and are awkward to use. I do all kinds of crossword, including the Telegraph and usually enjoy them but not these.
on 11 June 2016
I have purchased many of of the Telegraph crossword books, but now I am finding I'm finding that many of the questions are about such obscure subjects that is often impossible to find answers in reference books. Another main complaint is the one that many people have put forward, which is, that each quiz is spread across three pages so that you are forever turning back and forth between questions and quiz. A little bigger book and all questions facing the quiz page would improve it. Because of these reasons I shall not be purchasing any more of these books.
on 19 December 2011
As usual this was received in within a very short time scale. I've ordered previous copies of this the Big GK crosswords and love them. Can't do cryptic, but can do these and enjoy doing the research and finding out really interesting facts about things I've never come across before. If you enjoy keeping your mind busy, you will enjoy this book and as my husband says, it keeps me quiet for a couple of hours!
on 18 January 2014
I have had these crossword books in the past and enjoyed them very much. Now that I live in France the books are a more economical buy. The Saturday Daily Telegraph which we used to buy when we lived in England can be bought in France, it costs more and most of the supplements are missing so I no longer buy it. The only problem is rationing the crosswords to one per week!
on 11 November 2014
This book, as noted elsewhere, takes three pages to a crossword. Makes going back and forth a bit difficult, but not too bad. The clues are something else - usualy takes several sessions to complete, but along the way, you get to know more about a wide variety of subjects. Great brain exerciser!
Book arrived quickly, still shrink wrapped.
on 11 February 2013
My husband and I are in our sixties and we enjoy these general knowledge crosswords very much. We are working through them together. We find this a lot more interesting than a conventional crossword - some questions are quite difficult, others we are delighted to complete quickly - all the answers are in the back anyway!