Customer reviews

Another fun fold out book from Rod Campbell and one that will keep the reader not only entertained by highly amused for hours. (Or at least that's what happened with me when I read this with my nephew.) Its got a great overall story, a character that children can connect with and an event that makes it special for everyone to enjoy. Add to this the fold out surprise hidden within and it's a book that can be read time and again with the same happy surprises for all to enjoy.
on 10 August 2014
I love all Rod Campbell books and have been purchasing them over the last 15 years. I am a childminder and this was a present for a one year old boy. He loves it and especially enjoys the little book at the end. I would highly recommend this book to anyone.
on 1 October 2013
I order a lot of books through amazon - some new and some used. I understand that by ordering a used book it isn't going to be in mint condition. However, this book arrived and not only were the flaps so worn they don't stay down but the book was actually dirty! That I find very disappointing. I have no idea if it was food or another substance but it was on several pages - not exactly what I want when yhe book is for my baby!
on 2 September 2012
I work with children in an after-school Literacy programme and we had read Dear Zoo with the children, although we placed it with a younger audience. I decided to buy it myself to read to my grandaughter and I also use it when I work in creche with under 4's. I have found it to be a handy little lift-the-flap book which the children enjoy. I purchased more of Rod Campbell's books, Oh Dear and most recent Buster's Birthday for the same reason I know that they hold the attention of the children. The phrasing is brief, children can interact with lifting up the flaps on each page and it builds on vocabulary as they learn words from the pictures under the flaps. I use them and others whenever I know there will be children present.
on 1 January 2011
I bought this book as a last minute birthday gift for a one year old. He loved hearing the story and playing with the flaps. He also really got excited by the book within the book at the end - great present!
on 27 December 2011
We always keep a good selection of books at our house as we have 9 young grandchildren, they love flap books and this is great,they really like the little book at the end.
on 12 December 2011
Excellent Quality book , the presnt at the end ( a small story ) keeps my 3 yr old entranced and he even tries to read it himself.

A wonderful first reading along book
on 12 November 2014
This book is brilliant. A great story with lift the flaps, and an extra little book hidden inside at the end to pull out and read. My 2-year old daughter loves it.
on 15 March 2015
Really disappointing had to send it back due to one very badly damaged page. I wanted it for my grandson's birthday as it is out of print. It's such a lovely book
on 10 May 2013
My 14month old loves this book, it's an exciting read & your child can be involved too opening each present as you go along & guessing whats inside. Great buy