Format: Paperback|Change

Which other country? At first I thought she meant childhood, but I came to see the meaning as different kinds of memory. Several kinds as she introduces the country to immigrants in `Translating the English 1989' a poem oddly in line with one called `Poet For Our Times' where:
"You do not have to be an educator
Just bang the words down like they're screaming `Fire'
CECIL-KEAYS ROW SHOCK TELLS EYETIE WAITER.
ENGLAND FAN CALLS WHINGEING FROG A LIAR."

But there are two poems in this collection that felt so poignant, so close to my own experience that I felt close to tears. The first was `Survivor', the other `Losers'
on 23 March 2013
The first two poems Originally and In Mrs Tilcher's class are well knows. The rest of the collection does not disappoint.
Printed on good quality thick cream paper.
on 31 October 2013
Carol Ann Duffy is the most wonderful human being and poet. I love her work. She has depth, strength and knowledge. She is both fragile and strong. this is a wonderful book.
on 26 December 2014