on 9 August 2010
Interesting and wide ranging questions but spread over three pages which makes page turning a bit of a chore. Larger format book would obviate this problem.
on 27 December 2010
Do not like the lay out of these books as I find it frustrating having to continually turn pages over to find the question and then to return to the actual grid-I do not think I will buy these again
on 7 February 2012
A useless crossword book because the grid and the clues are not on 'facing' pages so you are constantly having to turn pages. I have persevered but have now just given up on it.
on 30 July 2011
Unless you possess an encyclopaedic knowledge the only way to deal with ca.50% of the clues is to use reference books or 'google'.
For me, although I like a challenge, this spoils the fun of using powers of deduction as well as recall.

Certainly not for the novice and very long winded clues and obscure historic and literary references!!
on 14 January 2012
These crossword books are excellent for those who, like me, love General Knowledge and want to test themselves. However, the format needs to change because, like other reviewers, I find it highly annoying to have to keep flipping pages to read clues before entering the answers. I shall still buy the books but I'd be very pleased if the publishers would change the format into something larger.
on 17 February 2013
These General Knowledge Crossword Books keep my hapily busy for hours. I enjoy researching the answers I do not know and my husband and I often sit on the sofa in front of our log fire, with a glass of wine and crossword away the evening.
on 14 January 2010
This General Knowledge book in the Daily Telegraph series (currently numbering 8) is the perfect means of preventing one's brain falling asleep!
on 9 May 2014
Not as item was described. A tiny paper back crossword book that looked older than time. Chucked in the Bin already
on 30 January 2013
Only criticism is that clues are not adjacent page to crossword, cannot be helped I guess but a little irritating.
on 18 August 2012
I enjoy doing the crossword in the telegraph. I found a few answers wrong but it did not spoil my enjoymwnt