on 8 February 2014
but many clues in this book are just soooo obscure. As an avid G.K. crossword fan I find these rather disappointing. Other crossword books have been just as difficult at times but more entertaining as, very often, at least you can usually crack the difficult clues.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 September 2014
We already have a Telegraph book of puzzles which is nearly finished and bought this as a replacement. When I say we I mean a family of adults who sit and shout out answers, squabble, quibble, heckle and have a great time. This book was a great disappointment to us in comparison with our previous book (Telegraph General Knowledge Crosswords 2) for 3 reasons. The crosswords are much smaller with maybe a third of the content of the others, the clues are not as obvious and we couldn't get on the setter's wavelength to work out what he/she meant (eg "having a slim waisted figure (9)" translates as hourglass - I'm not getting in to the lively discussion that prompted). This book has been relegated to the bookshelf and we've ordered another Daily Telegraph book for us.
on 28 August 2013
If you like crosswords then this is good value as I realised that I was buying newspapers for the crosswords, because the news now is ,apart from TV, available on my Kindle. I also spend 33% of my year in Spain and the Daily Telegraph is £3.00.per day.
on 5 August 2011
Found a lot of the book had been filled in, so complained to seller, and they apologised and refunded the money. So the outcome satisfied me.

My other purchase from them was fine.
on 19 October 2013
These are good puzzles to exercise the brain. It's helpful to have the answers in the back as there are always some that are beyond us.
on 28 December 2013
We now have loads of crosswords for our week ends. We already had another. Book but sadly it was finished too quickly.
on 17 December 2012
I bought this to keep my husband amused on holiday; he is still working his way through and loves the crosswords.
on 28 January 2015
A wee bit difficult. Enjoyable.
on 25 February 2015