on 7 January 2013
This book is not something I would usually buy but I was inspired by sex an the city to get it. I understand that before the sex and the city appearance such a book did not exist but was produced following the show. As someone who has little time to read books like this I can honestly say that I have enjoyed reading bits of this every now and then and hopefully will continue to do so. Clearly I am no expert but for me this is a lovely collection that is definitely something to hold onto in life. This would make a great present too.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Having been inspired and uplifted by being in love, and being such a love-aholic, I decided to buy this book out of impulse. And oh my goodness I absolutely adore it; reading the love letters of world-famous legends, from Beethoven to Napoleon! Such an uplifting read. Makes me want to send love letters to my fiance, too!
on 22 July 2014
Amazing book - great read! Excellent condition for a second hand book - it is as good as new. I'd recommend this book to all who like a bit of romance, want to learn a bit of 'behind-the-scenes' about history, and those who loved the scene from the Sex And The City movie of Carrie reading a piece of the poems contained in this book to Big. Romance is not dead!!
on 15 October 2013
I purchased this book as I hoped it was the real book from SATC. Then i discovered it was created because of the movie.

I enjoyed the book as it is lovely to know that before social media and emails men were able to express their feelings through letters. Some of the letters were not that good as the men were not people I knew of. But I did enjoy the sentiments in the letters and the stories behind them.

A nice read.
on 5 October 2013
waaaaay thinner than I expected, it's advertised as the book from sex and the city which was HUGE, extremely thick with a lot of content, however this doesnt seam to have that many writers in and the origins/how well known these "Great men" are are quite questionable.
on 17 April 2014
My fav of all of these is the whole letter written by Beethoven to his wife which has been used in the sex and the city where big and carrie get married but it is full of romance and shows how through the ages the deep feeling some of most famous men have loved their companions.
on 26 June 2013
Before faxes and telephones and texts people actually put pen to paper and this is one of the results! I am a hopeless romantic or as some of my friends would say, just hopeless! I have enjoyed sitting with a large cup of tea curled up on the sofa with this book. Not all are too my taste but I appreciate the sentiments behind them.
on 1 November 2017
Brilliant for sex and the city fans
on 15 August 2017
The book came smelling of cigarette smoke, I couldn't read it, everytime I opened it, it's all I could smell.
on 28 December 2014
This book is superd! It holds a great and well varied collection of letters and verses from a variation of famous men. I really do love it 😃